conversion from Windows to Mac

Categories, other than those standard with Quicken, do not import or convert, therefore all those transactions were dropped.  Also Reports are not imported at all and the Mac version does not allow reports on just a Category and subtotal, so the report creation is very limited.  I will just continue to labor with Windows running in a Parallels partition, and it is not clear if the upgrade to 2018 Windows will have the same issues.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Categories and subcategories do convert from Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac.

Reports do not convert.  You need to recreate all reports new in Quicken Mac.

Using Reports > New Report will get what you need.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    I had two categories, one called "Charity" and another called "Charity-L".  None of the latter came through in the conversion.  The support gentleman told me that only the standard categories converted.  Recreating the reports would be a giant pain and the report would not do the following:  from my personal account which as all kinds of categories have the category be only "Charities" and have the subtotals be by charity with subtotals for each.  The Quicken support man also confirmed that this was the case. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018

I had two categories, one called "Charity" and another called "Charity-L".  None of the latter came through in the conversion.  The support gentleman told me that only the standard categories converted.  Recreating the reports would be a giant pain and the report would not do the following:  from my personal account which as all kinds of categories have the category be only "Charities" and have the subtotals be by charity with subtotals for each.  The Quicken support man also confirmed that this was the case. 

Maybe the hyphen has stifled the conversion.

I can assure you my complete category list and subcategory list from my Quicken Windows converted to Quicken Mac.

You can even hide UNUSED categories in Quicken Mac...so that the stock categories become hidden out of sight.  

I did have other issues during the conversion, but I won't go into those. 
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Yes, all categories should convert...if not, something is not right...that is not by design. BUT report do NOT convert at the moment for 2 reasons...Reports in QM2018 is still underdeveloped and many of the report formats and related features are not there yet, so they cannot possibly be brought over until they are. Until Quicken tackles standardizing report formats, selection criteria, and flexibility into their reports, there will continue to be gaps, as you keep running into.

There are many requested ideas posted in this forum. I suggest you look at 2 groups in particular, and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

This will help make the transition easier for you when you are ready to upgrade by seeking to have the features you are used to in QWin end up in the latest version.

I highly recommend you to add your VOTES to related IDEAS found on the:Click on each underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. Your VOTES matter!

For background, you may want to read this post too. BTW, the columnar-type report is the basis for MANY other reports, as described in detail in this post a little lower; only the selection and formatting criteria are different.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018

Well I know what didn't work for me and what the support rep told me, and either both of these are wrong or at least one.

I appreciate your thoughts but I will not give any thought to trying Quicken for Mac again until these issues are resolved.
This discussion has been closed.