I want to copy Mac Q2007 (v16.2.4) to a new laptop. Can I duplicate the Q application? Best way to m

I'm running Q2007, Mac, 16.2.4 on an old laptop with OS 10.9.5. I have a new laptop with High Sierra and want to try my 2007 on it (while keeping it on my older laptop). Can I copy the application and move it over via DropBox or air drop or something else? I'm trying to eke out as much more time with 2007 as possible. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hi Elizabeth, appreciate your question.

DISCLAIMER: Quicken 2007 is an unsupported product. The information that is shared is to assist with your issue, but if you were to contact Quicken Support, they would not be able to provide support for your version.

You can move the Quicken 2007 icon (which contains the program) to Dropbox or AirDrop and copy it over to the new computer. In addition, you should be able to move your QDFM files over as well.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if this was successful or if you have further questions.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

DISCLAIMER: Quicken 2007 is an unsupported product. The information that is shared is to assist with your issue, but if you were to contact Quicken Support, they would not be able to provide support for your version.

You can move the Quicken 2007 icon (which contains the program) to Dropbox or AirDrop and copy it over to the new computer. In addition, you should be able to move your QDFM files over as well.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if this was successful or if you have further questions.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

You can also use a USB key. And if you want to be thorough, you can also copy over the Quicken 2007 Preferences file.

That said, I recommend you read: 
    Is Quicken for Mac 2007 (QM2007) Compatible with High Sierra (macOS 10.13)?

Bottom line is that it is, except that 2 features may cause problems...
    1. If you want to use the Automated Backup settings, the data file and backup files must be stored on an HFS+ formatted drive or partition or that feature will trigger error messages.
    2. In some cases, the penny amount does not print on cheques and the setting to change the font does not work.
    Other that those 2 issues, it works fine.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018
    I highly recommend that your compress both the QM07 app and the QDFM data file before moving them. After compressing each, copy the .zip file over to the new computer and double click to unzip.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Elizabeth Hoke
    Elizabeth Hoke Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Is a USB key the same as a flash drive? Thanks for your help!
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Yes...thumb drive = usb key = flash drive = a rose by any other is still a rose :-)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Also jump drive, pen drive, memory stick, rose drive. Okay, maybe not that last one. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.