Transaction date always reverts to current date

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)
When entering more than one transaction, it would be helpful if the date did not revert to current date every time. When I am entering transactions from a statement all with a date before the current date, the date should remain as the last date entered to speed up the process

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Always bugged me why they designed it this way.  Hopefully they will change this soon.  
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Yes, that is how it works in QM2007 too...much more convenient to keep the last entered date.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    I'm not sure what you're seeing. In QM18, if you enter a transaction with any date and you don't leave that register, the next transaction you enter will default to the date you last entered. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    That is true only if it is a "buy" transaction.  If you do a dividend or Payment/Deposit transaction it always reverts to today's date.
  • RickO
    edited February 2018
    H Franks said:

That is true only if it is a "buy" transaction.  If you do a dividend or Payment/Deposit transaction it always reverts to today's date.

Hmmm. I'm not seeing that. After entering a Buy, Div or Payment/Deposit transaction in an investment register, then next transaction uses the last-used date, not today.

Are you using QM18 v5.5.x?

I wonder if it has to do with column order. What is the order of your columns? My date column is the 2nd column with only Status to its left. Try dragging your Date column all the way to the left and see if the issue remains.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes, that's my experience. It uses the last used date only in Buy transactions. I'm using quicken 5.5.3.Actually, if you enter any other transaction, it reverts to the last Buy transaction date afterwards.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Same her. Date column is 2nd column.
  • RickO
    edited February 2018

Yes, that's my experience. It uses the last used date only in Buy transactions. I'm using quicken 5.5.3.Actually, if you enter any other transaction, it reverts to the last Buy transaction date afterwards.

Ahah. Now that you explain it that way, I can also reproduce this. 

Please report it using menu Help > Report a Problem. You won't get any feedback reporting it this way.

If you have time, you might also want to contact Quicken Support to report this directly (Help > Contact Support).
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

So just to be clear, the root cause is the order of the columns that is affecting the date?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• RickO
    edited February 2018

No, it's not the column order. This was originally described as reverting to today's date. I wasn't seeing that.

Now that it's clear that the new transaction takes the date of the last BUY transaction, even if the last transaction entered was not a buy. The next transaction should take the date of the last transaction entered, whatever type it is.

Now that I understand the issue (which applies only to investment accounts), I can replicate it and the order of the columns doesn't matter.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    No, I didn’t say that. I just confirmed that my date column position matches yours . No idea whether that's the issue or not.
  • Brian Gibb
    Brian Gibb Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem too.
This discussion has been closed.