Restoring Quicken 2017 File from Time Machine Backup

My MacBook died on me. Fortunately I had a recent Time Machine backup, unfortunately, I can not seem to figure out how to import my old Quicken data onto my interim computer. I did not restore my whole computer from Time Machine, but rather, am installing software anew and pulling the files I need because the computer I am on currently is more limited on HD space. However, I can not seem to find any signs of a Quicken file to import. Does anyone have any idea where I might find it so I can import it from the Time Machine backup onto the new computer? Thanks! 

Comments

• Marcel Suteau
    Marcel Suteau Member
    edited February 2018
    Try looking in your Library folder for the user that installed Quicken. I believe the system default is that this Library folder is a hidden folder. 
    If Mac Library folder not visible in Finder, choose Home from the Finder's Go menu (Go > Home); or press Shift-Command-H. Still in the Finder, choose View > Show View Options (or press Command-J). Near the bottom of the resulting View-Options palette is a setting called Show Library Folder. ... Your Library folder is immediately visible.

You should now be able to navigate your Library folder > Application Support > Quicken for the various files.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Yes, if you never moved the data file from its default location, that location is in a hidden directory. Read complete details in this FAQ: Default location of Data File created/stored for Quicken for Mac

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    So this option works on my new computer to find the new Quicken files, but it does not work when I go to the user folder on my Time Machine backup to try to access the ones from my old computer, there is no "Library" option to check when I select View Options. I don't know if the user has to be reinstalled on a computer or what? I can't do that right now because the computer I am presently using does not have a big enough hard drive to import my whole Time Machine backup or even my whole user folder. Any other ideas to retrieve it from Time Machine backup???
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    In case anyone else has the same issue, this solved my problem! 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3868410 
This discussion has been closed.