Portfolio, Cash, Market Value all wrong

Seth300
Seth300 Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Using Quicken Deluxe 2018 for Mac -- Version 5.5.6 (Build 55.21629.100)

I have $0 in a Vanguard account and it is still showing a Market Value. Previously, the Market Value was accurate, but there was also a Cash value which was (and still is) completely inaccurate (it's $0, always been $0, now shows as $104,000). I've tried putting in adjustments, but that hasn't helped. How do I fix this or close this or zero it out or something?

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hi Seth, appreciate your question.

Could you please provide us a screen shot of the issue?

Thank you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Seth300
    Seth300 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Not sure exactly what you want to see, but here's one view:

• Quicken Harold
    edited March 2018
    Seth said:

Hi Seth, appreciate your information.

You can do one of 2 things:

1) You can make a Payment/Deposit adjustment of the balance of the cash value to $0.00 it out.

2) You can go through the transactions and find the transaction that is throwing off the cash value.

Hope these help.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Seth300
    Seth300 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Seth said:

Well, I think every transaction could be throwing off the cash amount (since it has always been wrong). Here's the latest transactions, but they all look like this. If there is something wrong, how would I fix it?

• Seth300
    Seth300 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Seth said:

Oh and I've tried to make Payment/Deposit adjustments to zero out the amount, but it doesn't work. I still get a Market Value (the next day or whenever I sync my accounts again) and the cash value remains whatever weird value it is making up.
  • Quicken Harold
    edited March 2018
    Seth said:

Hi Seth,

I would contact Quicken Support for Mac and allow one of our reps to work with you to get this resolved.

We appreciate your patience.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2018
    Seth,

This sounds like a possible placeholder problem. See this and see if it helps:

FAQ: What Are Placeholder Transactions in Quicken for Mac?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Seth300
    Seth300 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    RickO said:

Seth,

This sounds like a possible placeholder problem. See this and see if it helps:

FAQ: What Are Placeholder Transactions in Quicken for Mac?

Well, I don't see any transactions marked as "placeholder" or greyed out, but it certainly seems like there is stuff happening that I have no access to see or do anything with.
  • Seth300
    Seth300 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Seth said:

Ha, ha, ha. What a joke. just spent over an hour with quicken "support" -- a complete cluster F. guy ended the chat before it was finished and even though I have a "case number" apparently that means nothing and I would have start over at square one with any other person. 
  • Seth300
    Seth300 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Seth said:

Probably because it would appear that I discovered a fairly major BUG in the software.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Sorry you're experiencing this difficulty.

If the account should be completely zeroed out, is this because you sold all of the holdings out of the account?

Have you transferred that money from selling all of the holding into another account?

Let me know so we can get this sorted out!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Seth300
    Seth300 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018

If the account should be completely zeroed out, is this because you sold all of the holdings out of the account?

Have you transferred that money from selling all of the holding into another account?

-Quicken Tyka

Yes. all the holdings have been sold. All the transactions over the past 2 years have been selling of holdings and transfers to my checking account.

I did discover that if I delete the account and re-add it, it brings in all the transactions and the amount is $0 and everything looks proper. However, that leaves all the transactions in the checking account without a connection to an account -- they're marked as Transfer to nowhere, basically. When I try to connect them (by, say, editing all the transactions in the checking account and adding in the Investment account name in the Transfer field), then that completely messes up the Investment account -- it then shows it has $100K+ in cash, the holdings don't show as 0, etc. I can repeat this over and over again and get the same result. It would appear there is some bug in the connection between the two accounts or I am doing something wrong and there is another way to make the connection.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

-Quicken Tyka

If the transactions need to be connected to the new investment account, I would link the transfers to the account and then add a balance adjustment to zero the account out.

With the entire transaction history missing there are two options, add an adjustment or rebuilding the transaction history.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Seth300
    Seth300 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018

-Quicken Tyka

The transaction history is there, it is not missing. But the balance adjustment does not work. It just creates more mess. I've tried that over and over and over again. There is stuff happening in some hidden place that I have no access to (and this shows up as "Cash" in the investment account".
This discussion has been closed.