Q15 w/Mac 10.13.3. Only do home bookkeeping+Reports. Help plz with 2015 changes & what to do now.

Use Mac 10.13.3. Q15 came w/Mac. Do home bookkeeping+Reports.No other features. senior,senior brain. Can't sort thru Q website mega-
info. No confidence to chg+upgrade. Plz Help.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    If you aren't downloading transactions in Quicken, then stay with Quicken 2015.  You can continue to use Quicken as you have, by entering transactions manually into Quicken. 
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hey Alison,

Sorry you're experiencing this difficulty.

I would contact support directly at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support.

They have to tools to assist you further.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2018
    Alison, for your home bookkeeping work, do you download your banking transactions or do you enter them manually? If manually, then you can continue to use Quicken 2015 and simply ignore the annoying message encouraging you to upgrade every time you launch Quicken. If you download transactions, then you will need to upgrade by April 30 to maintain that capability. Fortunately, Quicken 2018 isn't radically different from your current Quicken 2015, and it will simply update your data file the first time you run it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    Manually!  Thank you for this reassuring info. I truly am grateful. And I do agree the pop-up message is annoying (!) but worth it to be able to continue what I've always done.  Will the pop-up disappear after the end of the month?  And secondly, if I have a question about just what I am doing, can I still call in?       Thank you so much for your help.   And I do admire Quicken. They brought their business to Detroit at an important time ... because of that I chose to refinance in the past with Quicken.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018

Manually!  Thank you for this reassuring info. I truly am grateful. And I do agree the pop-up message is annoying (!) but worth it to be able to continue what I've always done.  Will the pop-up disappear after the end of the month?  And secondly, if I have a question about just what I am doing, can I still call in?       Thank you so much for your help.   And I do admire Quicken. They brought their business to Detroit at an important time ... because of that I chose to refinance in the past with Quicken.

1 Quicken 2015 will lose online functionality and support as of April 30, 2018.

So, no, you won't be able to call into Quicken for support...but this support community is always available for questions and solutions.

2 Quicken Loans has ZERO to do with Quicken.  They bought the name and licensed it from Quicken, but they are two distinct separate companies.  

3 After closing out Quicken 2015, the "nag" screens to upgrade should eventually stop...although every time there is another offer, you'll get another nag screen when you open Quicken.

Hopefully, after your version is terminated for downloads and support, that should end.  
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello Alison,

Are you still experiencing issues?

Please let us know. If there is no response within 48 hours, the thread will be closed.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    We haven't received a response in the last 48 hours.

If you are still needing help, please create a new post.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.