How do I convert my data from Quicken 2003 to a newer version?

I've had a mac running OS X 10.6 where I was running Quicken 2003, I had to upgrade because some issues with my printer to OS X 10.7, it turns out that Quicken 2003 is not supported on that version of the OS. I read that I can get the data converted using Quicken 2007, but I don't find a way to purchase it, is it possible to get? I have years and years of data, does any one has faced this before? Please help

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    First, you need to know that it is a 2-step process to upgrade from QM2003 to QM2007 LC. 
    1. you need to update your 2003 data to QM2005, QM2006 or QM2007 (NOT LC, i.e. v16.0.x). Note that these can only run on OS X 10.6.8 or older.
    2. Then you can update to QM2007 LC (v16.1.x or higher). 
    Of course, the biggest problem will be to get copies of those newer software. Oh boy...this is where I dislike that Quicken has removed access to old resources. 

You will have to try off-beat sources like ebay, Amazon, etc. All the best on that one  :-\

Do let us know how it goes.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Thank you smayer97, do you know if it’s possible to get access to those versions through Quicken support maybe?
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Walter said:

Thank you smayer97, do you know if it’s possible to get access to those versions through Quicken support maybe?

It has been a long while since I have read anyone post here that they were successful. I know that if you purchase the current version of QMac, support used to be willing to supply QM2007 LC version as an intermediary version, and in one instance even supplied QM2006. The trouble is in finding a rep that either knows how or is willing to do that. So you may have to try multiple times to see if you get lucky.

So one approach is to purchase QM2018, then try to request the intermediary versions. You always have 30 days to get a refund if it does not work out. 

If you do try that route, let us know how it goes, either way.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.