QM18 back to Windows - Is this Possible?

Najmi
Najmi Member ✭✭
For work related reasons, I will need to work in a Windows environment for a while. Currently I am running QM18. I have had good success in exporting out back to QM17 (to get investment data in excel). Is there any chance of using QXF to go back to Windows - since with the subscription we have access to both Mac and Windows versions of Quicken 2018?  I am less concerned about the banking/credit card accounts/transactions. More interested in the investment accounts and the better reporting/analysis capabilities that the windows version has. Appreciate any guidance to either not waste my time or tips on what to watch for to get this to work. Thanks!

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Though theoretically it is supposed to be possible, and that is one purpose for the QXF file, VERY few have been successful. The process has been broken since QW2013, and though recently there was a small fix, it does not appear seem to have improved the process enough, so YMMV, though I would not hold out high hopes.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2018

Though theoretically it is supposed to be possible, and that is one purpose for the QXF file, VERY few have been successful. The process has been broken since QW2013, and though recently there was a small fix, it does not appear seem to have improved the process enough, so YMMV, though I would not hold out high hopes.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

smayer97-your answer is true about QWin conversions. But, I will say that it won't work for the original poster. The QWin QXF importer does not handle/won't import investment transactions.
  • Najmi
    Najmi Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks, Smayer97, John. If the QWin importer will not import investment transactions then this is a non-starter. Thanks a lot for this info. Saved me a bunch of time finding out the hard way. 
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Thx. I actually knew that but forgot in the moment...I thought I was missing something... :-\

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.