Deposits show up after payments on same day in checking account for 2017 Premier for windows

Unknown
Unknown Member
Deposits show up after payments on same day in checking account for 2017 Premier for windows. Has happened on and off several times in the past year.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hey Brian,

I need a bit more clarification to understand what you are seeing.

Are deposits and payments switched when downloading?

Did the payment clear the bank before the deposit and that's why it downloads first?

What have you tried to correct the issue?

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    These are manually entered through my calendar, scheduled transactions.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    Clicked on top of date column.
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Yes.  Deposits used to be applied first, when there was a combination of both debits and credits for the same date.  Now deposits show up last, leading to an annoying, red, overdrawn running balance until the deposits are applied.  In my case all transactions are manually entered, don't recall which version of Quicken this was introduced in, but I wish they would fix it.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Yes.  Deposits used to be applied first, when there was a combination of both debits and credits for the same date.  Now deposits show up last, leading to an annoying, red, overdrawn running balance until the deposits are applied.  In my case all transactions are manually entered, don't recall which version of Quicken this was introduced in, but I wish they would fix it.

Many, not all, banks used to post debits first ... and would then hit you with an overdraft charge for that temporary OD.
    I find debits first to be a helpful reminder, for that reason.  It at least alerts the user to a potential "daylight overdraft" as it's known in the banking industry.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Rich, do you have the Show Reminders in the register turned on? If so, try changing time frame or turning it off. I bet that changes the sort order to deposits first.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Yes I do. I found from your suggestion, that changing it to the Next 14, 30, 90 days or 12 Months, it lists deposits first.

Although that may be a work around, I still want the sort order to be the same, no matter which option I select.

Thanks.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

No disagreement. It’s a bug that needs fixing.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.