View Price History graph for a Security (22 Legacy Votes)

Wendy Schrandt
Wendy Schrandt Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investments
In previous versions, you saw a graph of price history when you selected a security. Now, you can only see the table of historical values. In the portfolio view, if you click on a security, a new internet window opens up. That works for publicly traded investments, but not for bonds or other manually tracked investments. In the past, you also saw all the transaction (in any accounts) fro this security listed as well. Not necessary, but a really nice feature. 
61 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Submitted for review 6/1/2020 - QMAC-15403

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click "VOTE" above to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page, your vote will NOT be counted! Your VOTE matters!

Also, click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any updates to this thread. 

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This IDEA has been added to the List of Requests Related to InvestmentsYou may want to click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to other related IDEAS.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• William Day
    William Day Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Q2018Mac: Investment Graph for Securities within Brokerage.

Q2018Mac: My investments include (1) multiple Brokerages (2) each Brokerage with multiple Investment Securities. It would be helpful if the security/mutual fund with a Brokerage Account could be "graphed".
  • slhcrnp
    slhcrnp Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Price History Graph.

Do you mean each fund within each account?  I have two accounts with Vanguard - one is my retirement and the other a standard brokerage/mutual fund account.  I only get graphs for the totals in each account and I don't have this option with Vanguard dot com either.  I do have a list of individual funds as a summary list on dot com but the only graph is the account total just like Quicken's view.  Does your brokerage offer these graphs for individual funds?  Just wondering.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Q2018Mac: Investment Graph for Securities within Brokerage.
  • William Day
    William Day Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Price History.

Yes; each fund within each account/brokerage.  I was hoping that Q2018Mac would enable one to chart the individual funds within a brokerage (eg. Vanguard).  My brokerage does not offer graphs for individual funds.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Price History Graph.
  • Randy Chevrier
    Randy Chevrier Mac Beta Beta
    I find myself every day clicking on a security in my brokerage account hoping to see the 5 year graph with purchases noted forgetting that I don't have QMAC 2007 anymore. How helpful it is to see a 5% drop today but to quickly view the 5 year graph with my purchase 4 years ago, showing that the 5% drop leaves me with a 295% gain instead of a 310% gain. I rest better at night with that simple visual. I miss this more than any other legacy feature missing in QMAC 2019.
  • hartbult
    hartbult Member ✭✭
    I agree.  The visual plot for each security at user selected time intervals is VERY valuable.  This was a feature I used every time I loaded up my QMAC 2007.  Going to each security, editing it, and clicking on a web-based price history plot IS NOT anywhere near same thing as being able to interactively see each price history in graphical form.  I shouldn't have to go out to the web and use a different interface to view MY already available price history.  Being able to visually see a price history plot of each security should be as easy as opening a single window and scrolling through each history one after the other.  This is a major loss going to QMAC 2019 and should be rectified.
  • nhuddleston
    nhuddleston Mac Beta Beta
    Still eagerly awaiting this feature. I'm in quite a few retirement investment funds with no ticker symbol and for which the "security overview" link goes nowhere. I'd much rather just be able to have a quick look in Quicken than go log in to my retirement account and dig up the charts.
  • adsoft2015
    adsoft2015 Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2021
    Investment Reports: This is another addition to the Investment Reports series I'm requesting from Quicken.

I'd like to see the ability to Graph the performance of an individual stock over time. This would allow me to see the value of an individual stock, from the moment it was purchased to the moment it was sold. If I haven't sold the stock, then it should show my unrealized gain performance over time.

If I've bought/sold an individual stock over time, then I'd like to see each leg of my buy/sell cycle on the graph with breaks in-between of when I didn't own it.

This would allow me to better gauge whether holding a stock was a better investment than trying to time the market
    Quicken user since 1992... Version 1!
  • Sam 783
    Sam 783 Member

These comments go back 5 years, asking for a feature that was there before and now removed. I have missed this feature for some time since I changed to Mac, but just assumed it was there somewhere and I hadn't found it. Not the case.

Quicken: What kind of user responsiveness is this? Please put this feature back in. We find it very useful.

• redseagoby
    redseagoby Member ✭✭

and it really should not be that hard — but maybe it's the cost of the data feed? Our monthly subscription should be plenty to cover it…