Quicken for Mac Investment Reports

Options
Douglas Berg
Douglas Berg Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in Reports (Mac)
I would like to see a few simple investment reports added to Quicken for Mac, with the usual options to print or create Excel compatible file. I've used Quicken for Windows for years and regularly export my holdings to Excel for further analysis. The only columns I personally need are security id, security name, and current value of position. But other columns like # shares, last price, etc. should be easy to put on the report.

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the List of Requests for Report Types. You should find some investment related ones that you are interested in.

You can add your VOTE for the option to Export to spreadsheet or CSV ASCII file.

You may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the List of Requests for Report Related Features.

First
    , click on each underlined link above to go there, scroll down the page and click on each IDEA that interests you, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THAT feature and increase its visibility to the developers.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Done !!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hard to believe that Quicken 2017 cannot track individual securities! I was doing this successfully with Quicken 2007, and generating custom reports showing Return on Investment, Capital Gains, etc.  I'd still be using 2007 if it didn't crash!
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Totally agree the investment portion of QM is far behind QM2007 & QW. The folks at Quicken have committed to parity with Qw, expect this to happen piece meal over a 2-3 yr time span.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options

Then be sure to click the VOTE button at the top of this page to make your voice count.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2019
    Options

Not exactly. The Quicken team puts out several upgrades During the year. Sometimes 3-4 updates
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Just converted to QM 2017 and I can't even print a list of investments.  Ready to go back to Windows and buy a new PC!  Very frustrating!  Disappointed.  Want my money back!
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Not to worry Quicken offers a 60 day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. If you want to run QW this can be done on your MAC using a virtual network; Search the threads here on how to facilitate running QW via a VM on your MAC.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Very disappointing.  I have been a quicken for windows user for over 20 years and recently switched to the Mac version. I expected at a minimum to be able to create the same reports I had before.  A report to simply show my total portfolio return for the year doesn't seem all that much to ask from a personal financial management program.
  • Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Does the performance section in 2018 with IRR and ROI of the portfolio view get you some of what you want?  Cap Gain report can be found in the Tax Schedule report.  We also added the ability to print and export the portfolio view in v5.6.
This discussion has been closed.