I am losing current transaction listings

After entering a credit card payment and reconciling the account, the payment line has disappeared in both the payment account and the credit card account. The credit card account, however, still shows "R" on the previous month's transactions, so the account has been reconciled, but, as above, the payment is not showing.  Also, several of my commonly used account have two blank lines below the last entered transaction and the line where I will be entering the next transaction. I am not sure if these two issues are related.  How do I fix?

Comments

• Rick Gumpertz
    Rick Gumpertz Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Mac or Windows?  Version and Release of Quicken?

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    windows 10 Home version  64-bit OS
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

windows 10 Home version  64-bit OS

But what Build/Release of Q?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Year: 2018, Version: R11.18, Build: 27.1.11.18  I just downloaded the current version to see if that would help.   Unfortunately - Not.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Just know I opened Quicken and the transactions that I entered earlier today are gone.  Before I closed it earlier today, I backed up the data.  After not seeing today's entered transaction I tried to recover the data with the current backup, but they are still missing.  If I enter this data again, it will be the third time I re-enter it (original + 3 re-entries).
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Just know I opened Quicken and the transactions that I entered earlier today are gone.  Before I closed it earlier today, I backed up the data.  After not seeing today's entered transaction I tried to recover the data with the current backup, but they are still missing.  If I enter this data again, it will be the third time I re-enter it (original + 3 re-entries).

Is this happening in all accounts?  Or just in one (or a few)?

At the top of that/those accounts, immediately above the line of column headers and below the Account Name, what are the display settings?

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Opening Quicken again. Of my 27 Banking accounts, 2 have 1 line missing, 6 have 2 lines and 1 has 3 lines missing. The missing lines appear below the most current transaction and above the line where I would enter the next transaction into that account. The missing lines seem to be in the most recently used accounts.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Re-read my question. In particular, the 2nd paragraph.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Sorry.  1) All dates, 2) Any Type, 3) All Transactions.   I pressed RESET and there was no change.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

OK, this is beginning to sound like a corrupted Q data file, SO:
    • Do File, File Operations, Copy.  Leave all default settings alone
    • Using the Copy, do FILE, File Operations, Validate and Repair.  Be sure to check "Validate File" and, if present, "Rebuild Investing Lots" before you click OK.
    • Using the Validated Copy,  do you still have the problem?

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

The blank lines in the account ledgers are now gone.  However, my most recent transactions since 8/29/18 are still not showing.  That is, the transactions payments and transactions between accounts (payment of credit cards) are not showing, but the Reconciliation that I do after I enter the payments are showing as completed (the  "R" in the "Clr" column displays).
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Do you use the Q Mobile App, or Online Billers?  Those functions have been known to cause data issues in the Desktop products.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

No.  I do not use either one.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

My problem of entries disappearing still exists. Thinking back, when this first started I was getting an error when entering a transaction. Quicken was telling me that I was entering an invalid date, even thought the date was either that day or a few (2-4) days in the future. This error is not currently alerting me, but the transactions that I entered yesterday are not appearing when I opened Quicken today.  I am still seeing no entries after 8/29/18.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Present action: Opened Quicken. Entered 1 transaction, but back dated for 8/29/18. Closed Quicken. Opened Quicken. The transaction was still there. (Hurray!). Entered a transaction dated today, closed and then opened Quicken. Both transactions are there.  I will now attempt to enter all missing transaction and then close and open Quicken and see if they are still there.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

I re-entered all of my transactions that were not displaying previously. Closed and opened Quicken X 2. All transactions are now displayed.  I am not sure why this issue happened, but the program appears to be working correctly now.  Thanks for your efforts and support.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Check to make sure that you do not have a filter set at the top of the register.  Hit the RESET button.  If you have "Last Month" selected, it will only show August transactions and none from September.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Will do. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.