Quicken for Mac 2018 - Capital Gains report?

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
It doesn't look like Quicken for Mac 2018 has a capital gains report (like the comparable Windows version).  By clicking on the "Investment" heading (in the sidebar), we can then use the drop-down menu to see capital gains, but only for a pre-defined period of an arbitrary length.  You cannot get this report for a specific time period nor can you export this.  

Comments

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Capital Gains/Losses are included in the Tax Schedule Report in QMac.

Run the report and scroll down to the end.

If you want a report that displays only cap gains/losses, you can customize and save a version of the Tax Schedule report (name it Cap Gains of similar). Under Customize > Categories, select Clear All and then select Investments:Sell as the lone category for the report.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Thank you!  The Tax Schedule worked in that it gave me information about the accounts. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    One cool feature request would be to sub-group by accounts.  One workaround is of course to just select one account at a time and export.  However, it would be nice to see information from several accounts but sub-total by account.
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

One cool feature request would be to sub-group by accounts.  One workaround is of course to just select one account at a time and export.  However, it would be nice to see information from several accounts but sub-total by account.

Running QMac2018 latest release - I do see LTCG's & STCG's subtotaled by account.
    Quicken user since 1991

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018

I am running the latest release.  I do see LTCG and STCGs ... however, if the report itself is customized to search in several accounts ... in the report itself, I cannot group all the Schedule D transactions by sub-account.  It lists all of the transactions and has a header for the account it is part of.  None of the pulldown menus have the option to group by sub-account.   That said, I may be missing something -- if you have a screenshot, that would be great.
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Whoops!! - I wasn't paying close enough attention to your comments.

I do see the activity grouped by account under STCG's and LTCG's - but they are NOT subtotaled by account. Only the totals for ST & LT gains are reported.

Subtotals by account would be a useful piece of info.
    Quicken user since 1991

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018

Hi again JM - thanks for your comment.  Any idea how to submit this as a feature request? 
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Meanwhile, you can add your VOTE for SubTotals on reports.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

You may also want to add your vote to each of the components that make up the other essential related report features described here.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the 
    List of Requests for Report Types. Click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. Your VOTES matter!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.