Quicken 2018 does not have drop down menu to reflect Investment account fees?

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I cannot find a Quicken 2018 drop down menu item that will permit me to manually enter a Investment account maintenance fee? I get a statement from Pacific Life that shows 'x' number of shares sold at 'y' price for a "GMWB Fee" (account maintenance fee) but cannot enter it as an investment expense - only as an 'adjustment to shares' (then a note in the action box the price of each share used in the 'adjustment).  Is there a dropdown item I am missing or misinterpreting that will allow for this, or is a menu item missing from Quicken 2018? 

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    If you were doing a buy or sell there would be a field in that to enter the "Commision" which could be used for any fees.  But since you are just doing a share balance adjustment there isn't a field for it there.

All you need to do is enter a transaction for a Misc Expense.

There you would put in the security it is associated with (if it has one), and the amount of the fee.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    First you enter the sale of X shares and the amount of the fee as the Total sale amount. To avoid roundoff problems, let Quicken calculate the price per share, which should be close to the price on your statement. This will add cash to your account balance.

Then enter a Misc Expense for the fee, assigning it to an appropriate Category.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.