Can I upgrade Quicken for Mac 2007 from 32 bit to 64 bit that will soon be required for all applicat

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member

Comments

• Scott Schmidt
    Scott Schmidt Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    No.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Concur.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I have 11+ yrs of data and dislike newer versions of Quicken.Hoping for intuit to make some fix.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

I have 11+ yrs of data and dislike newer versions of Quicken.Hoping for intuit to make some fix.

Intuit doesn't own Quicken any more, they sold it.  New company is Quicken Inc.

And it isn't like Quicken Inc can flip a switch and all of a sudden Quicken 2007 Mac will now be a 64-bit program that you can continue to use.  I say it is highly unlikely at this point they will put any more development into it.  They have said as much on their webpages on it.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    Options

Best advise we can offer, Barry, is to not upgrade your macOS beyond Mojave.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    Options

Barry, in order to make Quicken 2007 into a 64-bit application, they would have to re-write all the parts of the program that currently use parts of the old operating system that haven't advanced past 32-bit. Well, it turns out to be nearly the entire program that would need to be re-written.

And they've spent the past 6 years working on such a re-write: it's the current Quicken 2019. All their development efforts are focused on creating many of the features from Quicken 2007 which have not yet made it into Quicken 2019; there is zero chance they are going to do more work on Quicken 2007, a program they discontinued years ago, and which can't be made 64-bit compatible.

With each passing year, the modern Quicken Mac has inched closer to being a suitable replacement for Quicken 2007. By the time Apple releases the next macOS next September, Quicken 2019 will be several steps closer. If you determine by  that time that Quicken 2019 still doesn't meet your needs, the solution is simply to not upgrade to the new macOS so you can continue to use the old version awhile longer. Nothing is going to require applicants on your Mac to be 64-bit as long as you don't upgrade past the current Mojave operating system. So you control your ability to continue using Quicken 2017 almost indefinitely (well, until you need to get a new Mac which requires an operating system beyond Mojave).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.