Quicken file will not open (Q Mac 2007)

Options
I am using Mac Quicken 2007. I also have placed my Quicken folder in an area backed up by iCloud. Today I went to open my Mother's quicken file which I maintain. The error message is 'unable to load file.' Much to my horror I realize that since I had been putting the Quicken folder in the iCloud area, there is no backup. I tried the process where you control click the file but to no avail. Are there any other options or I am totally in trouble.

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2018
    Options
    The only suggestion I can make is to:
    1. Select the problematic file located on your iCloud drive.
    2. Right Click and choose the option to Copy from the pull down menu.
    3. Navigate to a local are, such as your Desktop, and right click/choose paste from the options.
    4. Try to open that file-it should have the correct permissions for your file
    That is the best I can offer; the 2007 (and earlier) certainly has a unique file structure.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options

The only suggestion I can make is to:

1. Select the problematic file located on your iCloud drive.
    2. Right Click and choose the option to Copy from the pull down menu.
    3. Navigate to a local are, such as your Desktop, and right click/choose paste from the options.
    4. Try to open that file-it should have the correct permissions for your file
    That is the best I can offer; the 2007 (and earlier) certainly has a unique file structure.
    Another way to try to force the permissions to reset is to right-click the file and compress it. Then copy that file over and open it to uncompress it.

I do not know if any of this will be of any help but take a look at this FAQ:
    (If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.