quicken mac 2019 - full multiple currency support?

Unknown
Unknown Member
Does Quicken for Mac 2019 support true multiple currencies, ***including linked transactions***,  importing ***correctly*** multi-currency accounts, importing and applying correct exchange rates, from older Windows versions? 

*** If not, when can we finally expect these features?

Without them, it is practically impossible to migrate to or use the Mac version. There would be far, far too many manual corrections on a 20+ year old data file and several dozens of accounts.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2018
    No, it does not. It only has the most primitive of multi currency support. 

I have no idea when this might be incorporated and Quicken rarely discloses detailed development plans in advance. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    You may also want to add your vote to requests found on the 
    List of Obstacles and Hindrances for Migrating from QM2007 or QWin to Quicken for Mac.

This is a special list that draws attention to requests specifically related to this topic. Click the underlined link to visit that page to see the selection and add your VOTE to promote that list, to encourage others to vote. Then click on the links there to vote on the specific requests.

In particular, you may want to add your vote to:
    While you are at it, I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

This will help make the transition easier for you when you are ready to upgrade by seeking to have the features you are used to in Quicken end up in the latest version.

To do that click on this underlined linkfollowing the instructions then VOTE to your heart's content. Your VOTES matter! 
    EXPANDED List of Categorized IDEAS of Feature Requests and Enhancements to Vote On

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    RickO said:

I have no idea when this might be incorporated and Quicken rarely discloses detailed development plans in advance. 

RickO, can you elaborate what "most primitive" multi-currency support means? I currently have Banktivity. I'd like to switch to Quicken for Mac, but I would need the multi-currency support to be no worse than Banktivity's. I can't find any specific info on the multi-currency features in the latest Quicken for Mac.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2018
    RickO said:

Briefly, it allows designating an account as a foreign currency. But it does no automatic conversions. It does not support linked and converted transfers between accounts of different currencies. It does not include foreign currency accounts in the net worth total on the sidebar. It does not current day value conversions. 

There is much more detailed info available if you read through the link "Add true multi-currency conversion support" that @smayer97 posted below.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    RickO said:

The following post is a good summary of what is and what isn't:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-true-multi-currency-conversion-support-in-qu...

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.