Is there someone in the LA area that offers one-on-one support for Quicken 17 or 19?

Unknown
Unknown Member

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    What sort of support do you need?  And what Q product are you running?  What Build/Release?

And, if you ask your questions here, we can probably help you for free.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    I have two questions:

1) I want to convert a Checkbook Pro version 2.6.7 (474) account to Quicken 17, version 2.6. (Build 48.19926.100).

2) How close can I come to approximating the nicely blue and white lined checkbook account look of Quicken 7. I miss that and so I am reluctant to use my Quicken 17.

Thanks, Larry
    [email removed]
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

I have two questions:

1) I want to convert a Checkbook Pro version 2.6.7 (474) account to Quicken 17, version 2.6. (Build 48.19926.100).

2) How close can I come to approximating the nicely blue and white lined checkbook account look of Quicken 7. I miss that and so I am reluctant to use my Quicken 17.

Thanks, Larry
    [email removed]

1) According to this website http://www.splasm.com/checkbookpro/  it seems that Checkbook Pro can IMPORT from Quicken ... but there's no indication that it can EXPORT to Quicken.   Your best bet MIGHT be to keep using Checkbook Pro until the end of 2018 ... and then start fresh with QMac.

And, since you're 2nd question is Mac specific, I'm going to have to take a pass ... since I'm a QWin user.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2018
    Larry: I'll tackle the second question: you can't. For better or worse, Quicken for Mac doesn't use a checkbook metaphor user interface. You can show and hide columns, put them in whatever order you want, make columns narrower or wider, and control how tightly spaced the rows are -- but that's all; there is not any option to color alternate rows, nor to have a two-line-style register.

Many new converts to Quicken Mac have a knee-jerk reaction that the clean list-style interface is not good, but after using it for awhile, many of us have come around to find it easy to work with. (I now actually prefer it to the old checkbook style register I used for decades in the legacy Quicken Mac.) If you haven't worked with it much, I suggest you give it a try for awhile to see if you find it okay. (Not everyone is satisfied with the current look; you can add your vote for creation of a two-lone display in Quicken Mac by clicking to visit this topic and clicking the blue Vote button at the upper right.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

I have two questions:

Thanks, Larry
    [email removed]

Thanks for all the guidance and the disappointing news about the register. Who asked them to change it in the first place?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

I have two questions:

Thanks, Larry
    [email removed]

Who asked them to change it in the first place?
    Quicken for Mac was totally rewritten starting in 2007, and they have been working with some "pauses" on bringing back all the functionality since then.

But on top of that even though most people don't know it these days back in the day one of the major complaints about Quicken Mac was it just looked like a clone of the Windows version and people were screaming for a "Mac like" GUI.

So when they rewrote it they did decide to try to go down that path.  The two line, multiple color and such interface isn't a builtin set of controls, and they would/will have to make custom controls to make it look like that.

Which besides the work means that the next time Apple changes their GUI look (and they will, just like Microsoft does) it will be just that much harder to change over to the new look.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

I have two questions:

Thanks, Larry
    [email removed]

BTW as a side note.  The same kind of thing had to happen in Quicken Windows. Most people don't realize that the Quicken Windows registers is done with custom controls.  So when people ask for things they think are basic like being able to display only the columns they like are rearrange them, that falls on death ears because it is so hard to do.
This discussion has been closed.