My Mac recently stopped working, I saved the hard drive and have it connected to my new mac but I ca

Unknown
Unknown Member
My Mac recently stopped working, I saved the hard drive and have it connected to my new mac but I can not find my quicken file. I tried looks for the hidden library file where it is stored but it keeps showing me library file on new computer not on the drive.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2018
    Navigate to the (now external) hard drive, then as follows: Hard Drive > Users > (your user name) > Library > Applications Support > Quicken. 

You should be able to navigate down this path since this is not the startup drive.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • John Burgess
    John Burgess Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    In Sierra or newer, you can temporarily view hidden files/folders in a finder window by pressing

CMD + SHIFT + .

And again later to turn it off.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

I do not see "application support" folder under users.  is it hidden.  I have tried to do command shift. but that did not work.  Is that clicking COMMAND button at same time as SHIFT button.  or do I need to do something else.  I really appreciate your help here!

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2018

I do not see "application support" folder under users.  is it hidden.  I have tried to do command shift. but that did not work.  Is that clicking COMMAND button at same time as SHIFT button.  or do I need to do something else.  I really appreciate your help here!

You hold down the Command key while holding down the Shift key and click the period key while holding down the other two. But I don't think that's going to reveal it.

I didn't think the LIbrary folder would be hidden on a drive that is not the startup drive. But perhaps it does. So see the article linked below and use one of those methods to reveal the Library folder within your "benfeldman". Then you should be able to see Application Support within that Library folder.

https://www.macworld.com/article/1161156/software-system/view-library-folder-in-lion.html

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

See if this FAQ helps you track down your files in the hidden folders:
    (If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

I found the file!!!!   all of this advice was extremely helpful.  The item that helped me the most is that when I was in my drive I held down Comand and Shift and then the period buttom.  this reveiled all the files in my external drive. thank you all so miuch!!!
This discussion has been closed.