Converted Windows to MAC 2019 and when a transactions is entered it won't update the account.

Options
Converted Windows to MAC 2019 and when a transactions is entered it  won't update the account.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Are you saying the balance doesn't change after you add a transaction? If so, look for a balance adjustment grayed out transaction probably dated around the time of the conversion. This is Quicken's attempt to keep you in step with the prior database. You can just delete it, or delete and replace with a regular manual balance adjustment and you should be fine.

These auto adjusting balance adjustments are similar to placeholder transactions for securities. For background, see this:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/faq-what-are-placeholder-transactions-in-quicken...

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Problem is I sell $100 worth of stock. Cash goes into my account however the number of shares I own does not decrease in the portfolio. Bank accounts work, Brokerage doesn't.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    CEC said:

Problem is I sell $100 worth of stock. Cash goes into my account however the number of shares I own does not decrease in the portfolio. Bank accounts work, Brokerage doesn't.

Then read the info about placeholders at the link provided above.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.