Stock purchase

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
A purchase of 100 shares of stocks is showing up in the register as 200. I am unable to change it. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Can you delete the transaction and then manually enter it, correctly?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    When did you actually purchase these shares?
    And has there been a Stock Split 2:1 since the original purchase?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    I have tired to delete the transaction. Once I enter it manually when I enter 100, I get 200. I did purchase these share last week, and there has been no stock split.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Tom Young said:

Can you delete the transaction and then manually enter it, correctly?

I've tried that with no luck.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    UKR said:

When did you actually purchase these shares?
    And has there been a Stock Split 2:1 since the original purchase?

I purchased these shares last week, and there has been no stock split.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    When you say you get 200, does the transaction change to 200 or is it your total holdings that change to 200? 

Go to Edit > Preferences > Investment Transactions and make sure "Show hidden transactions" is checked. Perhaps you have a hidden Placeholder that is adjusting your share balance.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019

When you say you get 200, does the transaction change to 200 or is it your total holdings that change to 200? 

Go to Edit > Preferences > Investment Transactions and make sure "Show hidden transactions" is checked. Perhaps you have a hidden Placeholder that is adjusting your share balance.

Jim: My total holdings changes to 200, even though I only bought 100 shares.  I have never owned this stock before. Thank you for responding.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Did you check for any placeholders?  Even though you've never owned the stock before, if your brokerage is sending some incorrect information you could still end up with a placeholder.