I have just switched from PC to Mac Quicken. So many questions!

Options
1. I almost always have to issue multiple checks in each session.  Many times, I am issuing 50 - 100 checks at once.  Do I have to go under transactions and select Write checks after every check?
2. MANY times I add to a check that hasn't been printed yet and have always been able to automatically adjust the amount with the click of the mouse.  I do not see how to do that now.
3. I cannot find that ANY of my Auto Fill addresses have transferred / converted over.  Is there even an address list?
4.Do I totally work out of the register instead of a separate window for checks?
This really doesn't flow and I am hoping that I am missing something.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2019
    Options
    1. command+j to create a new check and go directly to check writing window. Command+j to save existing check/write another. (Command+n does the same for regular transactions)
    2. You aren't totally clear on what you mean by "adjust", but editing should be the same for both checks/regular transactions: Double click on the transaction, and there is a little calculator in the Amount field (or separate inflow/outflow fields if you still use those) You can use that calculator to adjust the amount. Or, type in the new amount.
    3. They don't transfer. There is no address list, but each one will be associated with a payee. Note: the Bill Pay and check addresses are two different things. You will want to enter your addresses within the check writing window.
    4. Yes, the program was written with the intention to do most things within the register when possible. This was to avoid jumping between contexts. You will get used to it, especially as you learn the keyboard shortcuts. I prefer it.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you new to Quicken Mac (2015 and newer)?

Welcome.
    If you haven't done so already, please review these videos for more information about Quicken Mac
    https://www.youtube.com/user/QuickenMac/videos

Getting Started with Quicken for Mac
    https://www.quicken.com/complete-guide-getting-started-quicken-2018-mac https://www.quicken.com/quicken-tips with links to more information and videos

Click Help / Quicken Help for additional help on Quicken functions and features.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And for a more complete list of resources, check out the following Quicken Mac FAQ: Where to find a Help Guide

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.