Passwords not remembered after Mojave update

Options
I just updated to 10.14.3 (Mojave) from 10.13.6 (High Sierra) and now must always enter all my account passwords whenever I want to perform account updates. If, after I updating, I click on the Update all Online Accounts again I must renter my passwords once more. Also, when I first log in for the day I must also enter on Quicken Account password.

I am using QM2017 4.8.3

Suggestions/comments please.

Best Answers

• Ken W.
    Ken W. Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Greetings QH:

Good news! I’ve been chasing my tail for many, many hours repeating and repeating your suggestions over and over. Just a few minutes ago, for the heck of it I once again deactivated and reactivated my Schwab Checking account (none of the other accounts have been exhibiting this problem). To my amazement the Schwab Checking account has started downloading the transactions. I have two possible reasons: 1. Schwab Bank has been adjusting their software/servers and 2. The software god has decided he’s frustrated me enough.

Two things to add: Just for the heck of it, early this morning I decided to update my Quicken 2017 to the latest version (4.8.4) and followed your your suggestion of creating a new test account which downloaded without any issues from its initial creation.

So, with fingers crossed, I’m going to assume the issue has been solved. One final item you can help me with tho’. How do I safely remove the test file? It appears that in creating that test file I’ve actually created a completely new Quicken 2017 data file. It's easy to me to switch between the old and new Quickens by selecting File>Open Recent and then selecting the old or new Quicken.

I want to thank you for your persistence and knowledge is helping myv to sorting out/resolving the nasty problem.

Thankfully,

Ken

P.S. Something of more general interest. I've tried responding directly to your email and, as has happened previously, my email bounced. The bounce message included the error

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.4.1 [XXXXXXXX]:
       Recipient address rejected: Access denied
       [SN1NAM04FT022.eop-NAM04.prod.protection.outlook.com]

This problem will probably occur when others try to respond to 
    support emails in the future. Hope this helps others.

Answers

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Ken W. Appreciate your question.

We have not received any issues with Quicken 2017 in regards to saving passwords. You might have older passwords that might need to be reset.

I would try clearing your Quicken keychains: https://www.quicken.com/support/archived-reset-quicken-essentials-intuit-password

Let us know if this works or if you need further assistance.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Ken W.
    Ken W. Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Quicken Harold:

First, I tried responding to your email and my response "bounced". Hence, responding on the Forum.

Quicken Harold:

Thank you for your fast response. I did exactly as you suggested yesterday and cleared all the Quicken passwords. After opening Q 2017 and entering the login and password two entries appeared in the Keychain Access.  Bottom line, the “reset” link suggestion didn’t help.

A short while ago I checked the Keychain Access and observed an odd Quicken 2015 entry which I’ve seen previously. To my knowledge, I've never used Q 2015 although I may have downloaded a copy back in 2015 and then decided against using it. I deleted the Q 2015 Keychain entry, opened Q2017 again and had to repeat entries of my Schwab login and password. After I clicked on the “Resolve” button and entered my login and password I received notification “Success  New Credentials Accepted”. When I again checked the Keychain Access the Q 2015 entry appeared again. Note: searching on the term "Quicken ID” displays nothing at all.

• Quicken Harold
    Options
    Hello Ken W.  Appreciate your information.

Now that the keychains have been reset, I would Deactivate and Reactivate your accounts and see if you are able to download your transactions.

If this works, you are good to go.

If this does not work, please let us know so that we can continue troubleshooting.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Ken W.
    Ken W. Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Woe is me! I didn't tell you that I spent almost two hours on the telephone yesterday with Quicken Support and we Deactivated/Reactivated the accounts numerous times. The final suggestion was to completely uninstall Quicken 2017 and the databases and start over from scratch. My response was I'd rather enter my logins and passwords each time rather than do that!
  • Ken W.
    Ken W. Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Greetings QH:

Good news! I’ve been chasing my tail for many, many hours repeating and repeating your suggestions over and over. Just a few minutes ago, for the heck of it I once again deactivated and reactivated my Schwab Checking account (none of the other accounts have been exhibiting this problem). To my amazement the Schwab Checking account has started downloading the transactions. I have two possible reasons: 1. Schwab Bank has been adjusting their software/servers and 2. The software god has decided he’s frustrated me enough.

Two things to add: Just for the heck of it, early this morning I decided to update my Quicken 2017 to the latest version (4.8.4) and followed your your suggestion of creating a new test account which downloaded without any issues from its initial creation.

So, with fingers crossed, I’m going to assume the issue has been solved. One final item you can help me with tho’. How do I safely remove the test file? It appears that in creating that test file I’ve actually created a completely new Quicken 2017 data file. It's easy to me to switch between the old and new Quickens by selecting File>Open Recent and then selecting the old or new Quicken.

I want to thank you for your persistence and knowledge is helping myv to sorting out/resolving the nasty problem.

Thankfully,

Ken

P.S. Something of more general interest. I've tried responding directly to your email and, as has happened previously, my email bounced. The bounce message included the error

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.4.1 [XXXXXXXX]:
       Recipient address rejected: Access denied
       [SN1NAM04FT022.eop-NAM04.prod.protection.outlook.com]

This problem will probably occur when others try to respond to 
    support emails in the future. Hope this helps others.
  • Quicken Harold
    Options
    Hello Ken. Glad that everything worked out..

In order to remove the test file, what I would do is, using the current Quicken file, click on File > Show "filename" in Finder. This should open up the Documents folder from the System Library folder and it should show your current file and the test file.

Just select the test file and either right click on the file and choose "Move to Trash" or just drag the file from the Documents folder into the Trash can.

This should get rid of the test file. Please let us know if you have you have any other questions.

~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Ken W. 
    I've tried responding directly to your email and, as has happened previously, my email bounced.
    You are not getting email from other users of this forum; you are getting email notifications from this forum. You can't reply to those emails; you need to click the link in the email to come to the forum to post a reply.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.