Schedule B Report Inaccuracy with only a few transactions

I noticed that one of my accounts on the Schedule B-Interest and Dividends report is off by 0.01 even though there are only 3 transactions  that are marked as Interest in the account.

I've noticed small discrepancies in many parts of Quicken in the past... especially when it comes to investments where rounding and fractions are prevalent, but it seems rather dumb that the program can't even add three entries in dollar and cent values correctly.

Is this something affects all reports, or just the Schedule B?

Best Answer

• dualshift
    dualshift Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I've just updated to r18.16, but it was the version right before. 27.1.18.15 (R18.15). Quicken - Home, Business & Rental Property 2019

My _DivInc category has 1404 total usage. 
    _IntInc 1089

I can no longer reproduce it in r18.16, so unsure if it was reproducible.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you show us a redacted version of that report?
    Have you tried going to the Category List (CTRL-C), scrolling to near the bottom of that list, to the _DivInc category, and clicking in it to see what Q records as the number of transactions/
    And, what Q product are you running?  What Build/Release?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dualshift
    dualshift Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I've just updated to r18.16, but it was the version right before. 27.1.18.15 (R18.15). Quicken - Home, Business & Rental Property 2019

My _DivInc category has 1404 total usage. 
    _IntInc 1089

I can no longer reproduce it in r18.16, so unsure if it was reproducible.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try going to Edit > Preferences > Reports only and set the "Decimal places for prices and shares" to 4 or more. Perhaps you are seeing a rounding error.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.