Stop scrolling portfolio window after update

Stop scrolling portfolio window

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Andy,

Can you provide us with any more information on what you are seeing?

Can you go to Help > About Quicken and provide the year and current release.

To avoid repetition, can you let us know what you have tried so far?

Thank you!
    ~~~***~~~
  • andyr1385
    andyr1385 Member ✭✭
    After updating "quote/price" of a line item in the portfolio view, screen scrolls to place updated item at bottom of screen.  I want it to stay put in same place.  Searched database for solution.  Could not find any.

Quicken 2016 Premier Version 19.5
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    andyr1385 said:
    After updating "quote/price" of a line item in the portfolio view, screen scrolls to place updated item at bottom of screen.  I want it to stay put in same place.  Searched database for solution.  Could not find any.

Quicken 2016 Premier Version 19.5
    I suggest you sort the view by the Name column: select the Name column title.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sherlock -- That doesn't stop the repositioning of the list that @andyr1385 has cited.  

As the user works down the list of securities entering prices however sorted, once the list is scrolled beyond the first 'page' of securities, the program keeps adjusting the positioning such that the latest entry is at the bottom.  This countermands the users postitioning of the list.  

@andyr1385 -- there is not 'solution'.  I doubt it will be changed.  I live with it as a minor irritant.  
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it help to enter the prices from the bottom of the list and work your way up?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.