Why won't Quicken 2019 allow me to add a new security?

Every time one of my financial institutions buys a new security, my new version will not add it to the portfolio.  I cannot add it manually, either. 

Best Answer

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What edition of Quicken are you running? Starter does not support new securitiy trnasactions.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, by any chance have you previously used that security name ... and hidden the security?  Q won't allow you to add it a 2nd time.

Just do CTRL-Y, click "Show hidden securities" at the bottom of the window and take a look for it to already be there.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• I am using Premier 2019 version.
  • I tried the control-y but neither new security was listed.  Still cannot enter transaction manually or even put a placeholder.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried the control-y but neither new security was listed.  Still cannot enter transaction manually or even put a placeholder.
    Did you also click "Show hidden securities"?  BOTH steps are needed.

• I followed all of the instructions and these securities do not show hidden or open.  I feel there is a glitch in the program.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you go to File then hold down Ctrl while you click About Quicken, what is displayed next to Securities/Max Ref?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • I think you mean "Help" not "File."  About Quicken is in the Help menu.  When I hold the Ctrl key while clicking on About Quicken, the number that appears net to Sec/Max Ref is 697/871.  I have no idea what this means but I hope it will help you help me.  I appreciate your efforts and concern.
  • goodnabr
    goodnabr Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem...  Quicken 2019 refuses to add security OFSSL... Quicken finds it and downloads it and acts like it added it but then when I click done on the transaction it returns to the add a security screen... over and over and over... frustrating.  I am using Quicken 2019 Home and Business.
  • goodnabr
    goodnabr Member ✭✭
    Jim Harman... you are correct.  Why am I limited to 231 securities?
    if you go to File then hold down Ctrl while you click About Quicken, what is displayed next to Securities/Max Ref?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @goodnabr, have you read any of the other replies in this thread? 
    And why do you believe that you're limited to 231 securities? Note JWeber5918's reply from Feb 5, where he states that he has 697 securities (and a corrupted Q data file).

This discussion has been closed.