Spending reports no longer working

Since the latest update, my spending reports are totally screwed up. It doesn't show actual spending, only budget and difference. I am using a saved report that has worked flawlessly for months, but I can no longer even run old reports

Best Answer

• mree331
    mree331 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks. Before I received your suggestion, I received another one that recommended uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken. That seemed to do the trick.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Until Quicken resolves the issue, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install while disconnected from the internet, update to R18.16 and restore a data file backup you saved prior to applying the R19.44 update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken. To update Quicken, I recommend you download and apply the R18.16 Mondo Patch.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears that the following fixes this problem.

Close the budget report if it is open.

Go to Planning > Budgets and pick Annual view and Actuals only. This should display the correct actuals. Click the left-arrow several times to update the actuals for earlier years.

If the actuals are still zero on the Budgets page, try clicking on Budget Actions then Select Accounts and make sure the desired accounts are selected.

If there missing rows on the Budgets page, try clicking on Budget Actions then "Select categories to budget..." and make sure the correct categories, including any income, salaries, and transfers, are selected.

Once the Budgets page looks correct try re-opening the report.

Please post back and let us know which if any of these steps resolved the problem for you.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • mree331
    mree331 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks. Before I received your suggestion, I received another one that recommended uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken. That seemed to do the trick.
This discussion has been closed.