I had to reconsider my feedback on Quicken 2019 from 2016

Options
I had thought everything was going smoothly but after careful consideration, I have to conclude that Quicken 2019 has become a pain in the *** I really had things in perfect order with 2016 and it's frustrating that I can longer use it! Sometimes 2019 allows me to sync my accounts and then other times I get an error code and "Unable to sync your account"

What's really strange is my register is showing a complete different amount than my bank is showing and I have not manually entered any transactions into the register...and nothing is pending, so.......Long time user of Quicken, I would sadly have to say Im in the search for a new financial program....

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sean Christopher said:
    I have done a clean instal and I would loveI would love to have it the way it was however, It wont allow me to download The QFX files from my bank into Quicken. Quicken 2016 will not allow it unless I update to 2019 version. I have the latest update R 19.44.
    In the 2019 version I have been only able to use the "Update Now" to update my account, but it's not showing the correct balance. The online balance shown on the bottom of the register is not showing the correct "Online Balance" from my bank.

If my online Balance shows for example $ 1234.00 and my ending balance shows -$342 I have no idea where that comes from...but I am not negative $342 in my account. This has become a hair pulling experience....and it shouldn't be. :s
    I never rely on the Online Balance in Quicken and I never use the Express Web Connect connection method to import transactions.  I only use the Direct Connect and the Web Connect connection methods.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

I suggest you reconcile the account in Quicken with an account statement obtained from the financial institution.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want to use Quicken 2016 sans Online Services,  I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install while disconnected from the internet, update and restore a good data file backup.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken. To update Quicken, I recommend you download and apply the Release 19.3 Mondo patch: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html
  • Sean Christopher
    Sean Christopher Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I have done a clean instal and I would loveI would love to have it the way it was however, It wont allow me to download The QFX files from my bank into Quicken. Quicken 2016 will not allow it unless I update to 2019 version. I have the latest update R 19.44.
    In the 2019 version I have been only able to use the "Update Now" to update my account, but it's not showing the correct balance. The online balance shown on the bottom of the register is not showing the correct "Online Balance" from my bank.

If my online Balance shows for example $ 1234.00 and my ending balance shows -$342 I have no idea where that comes from...but I am not negative $342 in my account. This has become a hair pulling experience....and it shouldn't be. :s
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sean Christopher said:

I never rely on the Online Balance in Quicken and I never use the Express Web Connect connection method to import transactions.  I only use the Direct Connect and the Web Connect connection methods.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

I suggest you reconcile the account in Quicken with an account statement obtained from the financial institution.

• Sean Christopher
    Options
    I will try it I guess...
  • Sean Christopher
    Options
    Here is just a suggestion for the makers of Quicken....When a Customer buys $$ your product in 2016 and they really like it....Dont tell them they have to pay for a new version because their 2016 version will no longer work! It took me a year of time that I dont really have to figure out the technical issues in the 2016 version and now I have to spend time trying to fix the 2019 version which seems to be getting worse by the day...I really wanted this to work but...really??? My wife gave up trying to figure hers out and is now using another program. She tells me it's better and hassle free.....Sorry Quicken, ya lost me too.
This discussion has been closed.