confusion over my 2017 upgrade I just paid for and 2019 version. If I buy 2019 will I have paid 2x?

rabdell
rabdell Member ✭✭
The question says it all. Lots of confusion if upgraded 2017 (which I did and paid for) is like having 2019 without the label? If not, did I need to upgrade if I wanted 2019?
Thanks,
Roger Abdell - long time customer :/

Best Answers

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused about your question. Online services for Quicken 2017 US will expire on 4/30/20. You may continue to use Quicken 2017 in manual entry mode.

Did you purchase Quicken Subscription (2018 and later) or not? If so, you would need to download and install it.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rabdell, Please do HELP, About Quicken ... and confirm what Q product you currently have installed.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello rabdell and Greg, here's what I found:

According to our records:
    * Customer purchased Quicken 2017 on February 2, 2017.
    * On November 4, 2017, customer purchased Quicken 2018 for two years (thru 2019)
    * On November 4, 2018, ciustomer renewed to Quicken 2019.
    * On May 24, 2019, customer renewed the membership to expire in 2020.

Are you currently using Quicken 2017? (Red Q with a 17 on the bottom left of the icon) or are you currently using Quicken 2019 (Red Q without the number?)

Please let us know so that we can help you further.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • rabdell
    rabdell Member ✭✭
    Hello Harold,

• On November 4, 2017, customer purchased Quicken 2018 for two years (thru 2019)
    o Yes, I did buy Q 2018, but the logo says 2017.
    o
    • * On November 4, 2018, customer renewed to Quicken 2019
    o I thought I did; I paid for the upgrade, Q 2017 is what I see on and in Q icon
    • On May 24, 2019, customer renewed the membership to expire in 2020.
    o Here is the confusion. Why am I not seeing Q 2019 anywhere?
    • Using Quicken 2017? (Red Q with a 17 on the bottom left of the icon)
    o or are you currently using Quicken 2019 (Red Q without the number?)
    o I am using Q 2017 with no number (there is nothing).

thanks for being so prompt and thorough
    Roger Abdell
  • Greg_the_Geek
    From Quicken --> Help --> About Quicken

If there's no number, you're using Quicken Subscription.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Quicken --> Help --> About Quicken

If there's no number, you're using Quicken Subscription.
    But there will still be a Build/Version number.

• rabdell
    rabdell Member ✭✭
    Quicken 2017
    Version 26.1.19.1

I can see that this is the latest upgrade. Confusion is there a difference between this and Q 2019? If not, why does the splash screen, etc. not show 2019?

Thanks,
    R Abdell
  • rabdell
    rabdell Member ✭✭
    If this is such an issue for me should I just have bought Q 2019?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    rabdell said:
    Quicken 2017
    Version 26.1.19.1

I can see that this is the latest upgrade. Confusion is there a difference between this and Q 2019? If not, why does the splash screen, etc. not show 2019?

Thanks,
    R Abdell
    There are differences between Quicken 2017 R19.1 and Quicken 2019 R 19.44.  Whether the differences are significant to you or not is a different question.  To use Quicken 2019 instead of Quicken 2017, you would need to install Quicken 2019.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it

rabdell said:
    If this is such an issue for me should I just have bought Q 2019?
    As explained by @Quicken Harold, you purchased the subscription product (Quicken 2018/2019)  in November of 2017 but apparently have not installed it and you subsequently renewed the subscription in November of 2018 and May of 2019.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, for QW2017 US, R19.1 is the latest, and final, release/update.
    BUT, since you're still running that (from your February 2017 purchase) that means that you've never downloaded and then installed the purchased products from November 2017, November 2018 and May 2019.
    I'd suggest finding your login ID to Quicken.com and downloading and then installing that November 2018 purchase and requesting a refund for the May 2019 purchase (if you still can).  November 2018 will automatically update itself to the current version, and you subscription period will run thru at least November 2019.

• rabdell
    rabdell Member ✭✭
    This link does not really answer my question. Very frustrating. I know how to download and install.
    Still, my Question is: Confusion is there a difference between this and Q 2019? If not, why does the splash screen, etc. not show 2019?

If I buy 2019 will i get the upgrade I already bought recently credited to the price of 2019?
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello rabdell.. I resend my last few comments.

I thought that you were using Quicken on Mac instead of Windows.. This was my assumption and I humbly apologize for the inconvenience.

Please review Sherlock's post for further assistance.
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • rabdell
    rabdell Member ✭✭
    Thanks Harold.

Yes, Q for windows 10

will let you know how it goes
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Yes, there is a difference between Quicken 2017 and Quicken Subscription (2018 and later). Online services for Quicken 2017 will stop working on 4/30/20. 

The splash screen doesn't show 2019 because you're using Quicken 2017.
  • rabdell
    rabdell Member ✭✭
    I get a compatibility error. I have W10. This should not be an issue. I think the program wants me to pay for 2019. Is that correct?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    When do you get a "compatibility error"? You already have paid for Quicken 2019.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    rabdell said:
    I get a compatibility error. I have W10. This should not be an issue. I think the program wants me to pay for 2019. Is that correct?
    No.  According to @Quicken Harold, your subscription should be good into 2020.

I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken. To update Quicken, I recommend you download and apply the Mondo Patch: https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @rabdell ,

Hi Roger Abdell,

See this procedure: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

I feel, if you upgrade over top of Quicken 2017, you get a lot of errors.
    Simply follow my procedure. 

And get into the habit of doing Manual Backups for your Quicken Data File off of your Hard Drive. If it dies, you lose everything.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    "Still, my Question is: Confusion is there a difference between this and Q 2019? If not, why does the splash screen, etc. not show 2019?"
    Because you're still running QW2017.
    You might have purchased later versions (sometimes needlessly), but you've NEVER
    Downloaded and installed them.
    Your own reply of 3:14pm says that you're still running QW2017.
    Buying an upgrade, by itself, isn't sufficient.  You need to download it and then install it also.

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @rabdell ,

Hi Roger Abdell,

You have Quicken 2017, which never expires. Quicken 2019 does not automatically install once you buy the Subscription Membership plan.

See:  https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-discontinuation-policy?priorityCode=1348800000

The product that you never installed is sitting in your Account at :  https://www.quicken.com/

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.