Attempt to reset Fidelity account freezes Quicken

Charlie@
Charlie@ Member ✭✭✭
Once again my Fidelity accounts need to be reset (this is now occurring about every 2-3 weeks). I click on reset account, an online connection is made followed by a disconnect and then an empty dialog box is displayed which cannot be dismissed. I have to close Quicken from the task manager. Help please!

Comments

• Charlie@
    Charlie@ Member ✭✭✭
    Also tried deactivating online services and activate again but get the typical OL-239-A error.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Charlie@
    Charlie@ Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the leads. I guess I will call Fidelity and try to see whats up.
    However, what is with the blank dialog box and the program freezing? That has never happened before. Using QD19, R18.16 for Windows.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Charlie , double check that you're on R18.16 ... because the blank dialog is a reported issue with R19.44.
    You can check by doing HELP, About Quicken.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Charlie@
    Charlie@ Member ✭✭✭
    Definitely R18.16 Build 27.1.18.16
    OK, tried it again just now and was able to activate the account that I had deactivated, and able to reset the other userid accounts. This problem began sometime on Thursday or early on Friday morning, so out for approximately 3 days. All is well again now (I wonder for how long?).

Regarding the dialog box, having seen it before I know what is supposed to be there - the OL-239-A and the little message about the FI returning unexpected data. But the box is completely blank (no zeroes). On the bottom there is a cancel button on the left side and a blank button on the right side (presumably an "OK" button). Clicking on either of these, or on the "X" at the top right of the box does nothing. And of course with the dialog box open I cannot get to the main quicken to attempt to close it. And now that it is working again I cannot duplicate it (until Fidelity screws things up again).

Thanks for the suggestions!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fidelity got the connection working again, this evening, about 4-5pm.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Charlie@
    Charlie@ Member ✭✭✭
    Yes it appears that bad/corrupt data from the FI's is at the root of these issues, but Quicken has a definite bug in having the entire program freeze.
This discussion has been closed.