CDs values not appearing in Investing list

Options
I have CDs which are designated as "Investment" in the account Display Options.
I click on the Investing tab and select a "Show" called All with Group by: Accounts. In the Customize Current View all investment accounts and the CD accounts are selected. All invest accounts and the CDs appear in the list, but not the value for the CDs.

The CDs also show under Investing on the right hand of the screen under Accounts.

I have another "Show" for only CDs Group by: Accounts. In the Customize Current View all CD accounts are selected. The CD values appear under the "Amount Invested", "Market Value", and "Cost Basis" columns.

Why do CD totals appear in one list with the same columns, but not the other?

Best Answer

Answers

• sdurrance
    sdurrance Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was looking for each CD in the Securities list. I had to select "No Security (includes cash)" which was confusing as the security.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @sdurrance How did you record these CDs in Quicken?  As their own account (each)?  Or as a security purchased in a brokerage account?
    Also, if the latter, please do TOOLS, Security List and then click on the name of one of the CDs.  What is shown as the TYPE?
    (I'm showing the info for Fidelity Blue Chip Growth fund.  Your info in this box will be different).

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NotACPA said:
    @sdurrance How did you record these CDs in Quicken?  As their own account (each)?  Or as a security purchased in a brokerage account?
    Also, if the latter, please do TOOLS, Security List and then click on the name of one of the CDs.  What is shown as the TYPE?
    (I'm showing the info for Fidelity Blue Chip Growth fund.  Your info in this box will be different).
    I suspected the Account Intent of a Savings account had been set to Investment based on the original posting. 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I suspected the Account Intent of a Savings account had been set to Investment based on the original posting.  "
    Quite possibly.  But's let's hear from the OP before speculating further.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.