Formatting for printer

Why is Quicken Deluxe 2019 breaking my print output across two pages when there is clearly plenty of space? I have screenshots in a Word doc but I don't know how to post them.

I am trying to print a financial report with 5 columns. Q wants to print 3 on page 1 & 2 on page 2 although there appears to be plenty of room to get them all on the same page. I must say, I have always found sending Quicken reports to printers to be problematic; they're hard to format. Any thoughts?

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    If you're not able to coerce Quicken into using a satisfactory print layout, I suggest you export the report and import the file into a spreadsheet program.  For example, open the report, press Ctrl + P, choose Export to: and select tab-delimited (Excel compatible) text file.
  • JohnCLeBlanc
    JohnCLeBlanc Member ✭✭
    That was it! I have a Surfacebook with 3000x2000 resolution. I changed Microsoft's recommended scaling of 200% to 100%. Screen damn near unreadable but I was able to see that the Quick preview matched the printed page perfectly. So the question becomes, why can't Quicken software engineers grab this simple number and adjust their print preview code? This doesn't appear to be an issue for other major software vendors.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was it! I have a Surfacebook with 3000x2000 resolution. I changed Microsoft's recommended scaling of 200% to 100%. Screen damn near unreadable but I was able to see that the Quick preview matched the printed page perfectly. So the question becomes, why can't Quicken software engineers grab this simple number and adjust their print preview code? This doesn't appear to be an issue for other major software vendors.
    What version and release of Quicken do you have?
    It's my understanding that major changes were made with respect to screen resolution issues in the recently released R 19.44 ... which may have introduced a number of other bugs along the way ... :(
    R 19.52 is currently being offered on a limited basis ... you may want to see if that'll improve things for you.

If you haven't rebooted Windows since the installation of the latest Quicken update, please do that first and try Quicken again.

Font size problems? Display issues? (Windows)

If you are using a version of Quicken at the Quicken 2019 US R 19.44 patch level or newer and you have previously made the following Compatibility change, please undo the change.
    Users of older Quicken versions please try the following:

• Close Quicken !!! (This process won't work while Quicken is running!)
    • Check the Compatibility tab settings in your Quicken Desktop program icon:
    • In the Windows Start Menu right-click the Quicken icon. Select "Open File Location". This brings up a Windows File Explorer window. Right-click the highlighted Quicken shortcut line item.
      or
    • Go to the traditional Windows Desktop and right-click the Quicken program icon.
    • Now click Properties.
    • Select the Compatibility tab.
    • Uncheck all settings.
    • Windows 7, 8.1: Check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". 
      Windows 10:  Check "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" and select "Application"  (also try the other available options!)
    • Be sure to uncheck the "Run this program in compatibility mode for [older Windows version]" setting.
    • Click the "Change settings for all users" button.
    • Click Apply and exit.
    • Now start Quicken and see if that makes a difference.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    R19.52 does not resolve the print preview issue referenced above, but on one of my systems it does display a warning at startup if Quicken thinks your Windows resolution or scaling options might cause problems. Unfortunately the message is NOT displayed on the system that needs it.

This warning has a "Do not show again" option to disable it, but once you have done that I don't see that there is any way to turn it back on.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.