I purchased a box 2018 Quicken Deluxe but activation code expired?

Options
I purchased a box copy of the 2018 Quicken Deluxe from a local store a few months ago. I didn't try to upgrade my previous version until after the tax year was done so I didn't loose anything. But now when I try to upgrade I am told the activation code expired. I had been running a 2017 version and completely uninstalled it using Qclean so I can't go back to it now. The 2018 version I purchased was still sealed prior to me trying to install today (7/12/2019). I do have a receipt for that purchase if it is needed for proof. What can I do to restore the activation code that is no longer working (JHAC-UGMR-EW6A-DYRK)? Did someone steal this code and use it for a falsified version?

Best Answers

Answers

• nancyghill
    nancyghill Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you @NotACPA for the correction. I was able to chat with support. Unfortunately they refuse to reissue the code. This is so infuriating considering according to them it literally expired ten days ago! If I had known it even had an expiration, I would have installed it sooner. This seems to be a major flaw in the Quicken registration process. The codes should not ever expire until after at least being initiated once. After that, the link has been established and email notifications can be communicated. I am very frustrated that my purchase price has been wasted. I will not buy another Quicken program.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you file your taxes really late?  Or do you  not live in the US?
    Because taxes were due on 4/15, which is almost 3 months ago.  So what held up the install of  Q?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you @NotACPA for the correction. I was able to chat with support. Unfortunately they refuse to reissue the code. This is so infuriating considering according to them it literally expired ten days ago! If I had known it even had an expiration, I would have installed it sooner. This seems to be a major flaw in the Quicken registration process. The codes should not ever expire until after at least being initiated once. After that, the link has been established and email notifications can be communicated. I am very frustrated that my purchase price has been wasted. I will not buy another Quicken program.
    My understanding is the activation codes do expire based on the expiration date published on the box or as a return issued by the retailer.  The policy is supposed to be: If a user purchases product from a legitimate retailer, and the activation code doesn’t work, we just ask the user for proof of purchase, and then provide the user with a product copy to download.
This discussion has been closed.