Installed QMAC19 but did not have an Uncorrupted file so Nothing downloaded.

Do I now UnInstall 19 so that I can try one of my resurrected and Re Indexed (via Op Cmd B) files.. The problem yesterday hung up Quicken 2007 ..will not close so I had to re Copy it over to Mac Mini too.
When I opened a now Indexed and updated 2007 copy. 19 tried to open (but couldn't)
That is why I was thinking I need to UnInstall it till I get 2007 copies stabilized.

Best Answers

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    No. The 2 are completely independent. They can even both be run side by side with no interference between them (2 separate data files of course).

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    WHOOT : Had to quit 07 before it would import.
    I USED IMPORT button.
    GETTING Exporting data from Quicken 2007 message!
    Such a lovely message

Answers

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    No. The 2 are completely independent. They can even both be run side by side with no interference between them (2 separate data files of course).

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    Yes I have 2007 up an running on MINI now. But I had to force quit one APP copy cuz a. corrupted file got stuck trying to be sent to 19. I tried sending the active file from 07 on mini to 19 again yesterday using the upload button in note on conversion to Mojave I had ,
    I GET NOTHING (How do I drag a screen shot here? ) it says YOU HAVENT ADDED ANY ACCOUNTS. ...add your Accounts to see your Account Summary.
    HOW DO I GET IT TO READ my Active 07 file? Should I ReIndex it again (I have done that 3 times)
  • LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    CAN I tell 19 to go find my latest 07 using the OPEN FILE button or will NEW file button work better? Or do I IMPORT?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general terms (I'm not a Q Mac user myself) ...
    Close the Q Mac 19 app.
    Delete the broken Q Mac 19 data file
    Start Q Mac 19. Because there's no Q Mac 19 data file, Quicken should prompt you as if you were a new user and create a new, empty data file for you. This should also prompt you for import / conversion of your (now repaired) Q Mac 07 data file.
    If you're in a hurry to get this resolved, please contact Quicken Support and let them walk you through this process.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018/2019 Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • To start Chat, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    WHOOT : Had to quit 07 before it would import.
    I USED IMPORT button.
    GETTING Exporting data from Quicken 2007 message!
    Such a lovely message
  • LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    TY to everyone who helped ... I had so much to relearn cuz Quicken worked so well. and I was very careful to use DUPLICATE for what 6-8 months after the AUTO back up was removed.
    Hope to send another SCREEN GRAB soon.. TAKE your time QMAC19 ..
  • LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken Harold just saw your nice replies... as above I tried IMPORT and it says it is doing it. MORE later. (I know I tried 15 I think but it was not adequate as a 'double entry' type Income/Expense Asset/Liablity program. Yes I was a bookkeeper, and appreciate the Double Entry method.
This discussion has been closed.