How do I enter owner injections - rental property business?

Hello! I am brand new to Quicken. I have Quicken for Windows 2019 (R19.52). I tried to each out to Quicken Online Chat about this issue and the agent just abandoned the chat (sad). Maybe it was too much for them. I own rental properties. My question is "how do I properly enter owner injection transactions into my rental property account?". This transaction is consists of personal funds being transferred into the business account to cover expenses the business cannot make on its own; essentially like a loan. Quicken it appears wants to treat these like deposits, but I need a way to isolate these transactions, so that on a P&L Report, it shows up as discrete from simple rent deposits, for example. Can anyone help?

Best Answer

Answers

• Vrhale
    Vrhale Member
    When I refund part of the security deposit to a tenant and want to transfer the balance of the deposit out of the "security deposit liability" how do I post it for repairs?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vrhale How did you previously record the receipt of  the Security deposit?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jason C3
    Jason C3 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    > @ClarityCapital said:
    > Hello! I am brand new to Quicken. I have Quicken for Windows 2019 (R19.52). I tried to each out to Quicken Online Chat about this issue and the agent just abandoned the chat (sad). Maybe it was too much for them. I own rental properties. My question is "how do I properly enter owner injection transactions into my rental property account?". This transaction is consists of personal funds being transferred into the business account to cover expenses the business cannot make on its own; essentially like a loan. Quicken it appears wants to treat these like deposits, but I need a way to isolate these transactions, so that on a P&L Report, it shows up as discrete from simple rent deposits, for example. Can anyone help?

Let me see if I can help. I assume you did not want them to show up at all on your P&L Report. One way you can to that is classify the transfers to a category that you have filtered out or exclude from your P&L report.

Another way is to setup the owner's personal account as a separate Cash or other account. You would exclude this "bank"account from your P&L report. Then the money could be transferred from that account, to the property account. You might use tags to identify the transaction so you know what property each transaction was for.

I hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.