why won't the date change update the holdings to that date?

when I change the date, the only way to get the portfolio to update is using the back arrow and the forward arrow to return.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure where you are trying to updated, but that is not my experience. The attached screenshot shows the holdings screen with the date. When I change the date, the market values change accordingly. If that is not your experience, you may need to validate your file.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're changing the As-of Date as shown in @GeoffG 's image or on one of the Investing tab's Portfolio views, you need to press Tab or Enter for the date change to take effect.
    This Date field can be manipulated using the keyboard shortcuts available for any Date field in Quicken, e.g., press the + or - keys to increment or decrement the date by 1 day.
  • Steve Schwartz
    Steve Schwartz Member ✭✭
    I have changed dates in the past with no problem...entering or using the plus/minus to change the date. It still doesn't work after validating the data either. When I change the date - for example, from 7/31/2019 to 7/24/2019 the data doesn't change and when I hover the mouse over an equity the name disappears - still

Steve
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Is there a clock icon next to the Quote/price? That would indicate that the quotes have not updated today. Hover over the clock to see the date of the last update.

Or is it the Price Day change that is blank and not updating? That is a known problem, discussed here
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20017784#Comment_20017784
    QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Make sure you don't have any Windows Updates pending installation and reboot.

Still not working?

Please perform the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Jim_Harman
    Also what version of Quicken are you running? Go to Help > About Quicken and let us know what it says there.
  • Steve Schwartz
    Steve Schwartz Member ✭✭
    You guys are not understanding what is happening - first of all, I've used Quicken since 1993, so I've got a bit of experience. I used to be able to go to the calendar and change the date, hit enter and it would update to that date with the prices (if any). Now, when I change the date, hit enter, it doesn't change. As I said earlier, then when you place the mouse over any equity name, that name disappears. I can get around by hitting the back arrow, or forward arrow to return to the investments page and the date has changed and the prices for that day appear. I imagine this happened with a recent patch/update.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works fine for me using R20.15 and I imagine others will pipe in similarly, now that you've clearly stated where you're at and what you're doing.  Sounds like it might be one those hard to deal with "local" issues.
  • Jim_Harman
    No problems for me other then the Price Day Change issue I mentioned above, assuming you are talking about the date entry box and calendar in the Investing Portfolio views or an investing account's Holdings view.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken?
This discussion has been closed.