Can not create report based on Sub Categories.

Unable to a create transaction report based on a 'Sub Category' only. This would be a useful feature. It could be accomplished by allowing ':Sub Category Name' in the >Customize Transaction>Categories>Matching>Category field.
Tagged:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you use the same Sub-Cat name in more than one main category?
    And, why can't you filter the Transaction report to select only that sub-cat?  REPORT, Transaction, click on the Categories tab, Clear All and then select the sub-cat that you want to report on.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you only want to include a subcategory in a transaction report, you should be able to check the subcategory on the list:

• jlberlind
    jlberlind Member
    Yes I use the same Sub-Cat in many main categories.

That works except there is no way to 'Save' a report configuration which means I have to pick out the selections every time I want to create that report.

In Quicken DOS and Quicken 2004 I used the 'Class' field for the purpose. The 'Tag' field doesn't work for my criteria.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    jlberlind said:
    Yes I use the same Sub-Cat in many main categories.

That works except there is no way to 'Save' a report configuration which means I have to pick out the selections every time I want to create that report.

In Quicken DOS and Quicken 2004 I used the 'Class' field for the purpose. The 'Tag' field doesn't work for my criteria.
    To save the report configuration, press Alt + S while viewing the report.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tag is the same as class.  Just a new name.  It should work the same.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.