how do I enter a 3-way stock spin off in Quicken for Windows

jz
jz Member ✭✭✭
DowDupont spun off into three different companies earlier this year. How do I enter the transactions into quicken for Mac and retain my cost basis in each company? (If this was quicken for windows, there is actually a transaction type but no such thing exists in MacOS.)
Tagged:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enter DUPONT in the search box at the top of this forum for numerous discussions on your topic.
    And, BTW, your cost basis in your original holding is SUPPOSED to change, as it will be spread among all succeeding stocks.  It's the SUM of the cost basis in those 3 that should stay the same (unless there's cash back or such).

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jz
    jz Member ✭✭✭
    There don't seem to be any explanations of what to do specifically for the DOWDUPONT spinoff this year.

The best answer I can find is: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7591826/using-qm2017-4-5-8-download-added-a-stock-spinoff-with-price-of-0-00#latest but it is not a very good answer if you have many purchases over time.

This link is the best description of what's missing from quick for MAC and is what I really want: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7855454/when-will-support-for-corporate-acquisitions-and-divestitures-be-added-to-quicken-mac.

I have considered migrating to quicken for windows since it has the functions I need, but entering my cost basis information for years of investments including employee stock plan and dividend reinvestment purchases would truly be an ordeal.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I input Dupont, and hit enter, I get over 3 pages of threads about that topic.
    Did you read EACH of them?
    Were NONE applicable to QMac?
    And, as far as I can recall, there have been NO discussions about Dupont OTHER than this corporate action that you reference.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.