Minor Complaint: Quicken hogs the screen while importing old (QM 2007) file. More comments.

I just bit the bullet and ordered a deluxe subscription to the latest Quicken for Mac (2019, I think.) I'm now importing my HUGE data file and it seems to be going OK. (at first I was worried because it seemed stuck on the "exporting" progress window.) I can't hide or minimize either of the two window that come up, and the little one (progress bar) is always in the front of all other windows. At least I can move both of them nearly completely off screen, but it's a nuisance and very non-Mac to have to do that to be able to do anything else while the import is taking place. …. OK, it's finally finished. I don't know why it takes so long to discover I don't have any on-line financial institutions! I've been playing with it for awhile and it's not looking good. It looks like I can't find/create a list of all transactions pertaining to a particular security, which has been invaluable for finding errors. I think I'll stop writing this and make a much more complete set of comments later, but it's looking more and more like I'm going to be stuck on the last version of MacOS before Catalina. I haven't even checked if everything imported correctly!

Best Answer

Answers

• tmplee
    tmplee Member ✭✭
    @jacobs thanks for the response. I agree that the way the importing is done is a very, very minor issue. As I said, I don't intend to make many, if any, more comments until I've played around with it a lot. (Heck, I haven't even really checked if everything imported OK!) I'm fairly adept at the Adventure game posed by most app interfaces, so I do hope to be able to figure how to do most of things I want or need to do without too much help.
This discussion has been closed.