why do I have to sign in 1 or 2 times with R21.16 never had to sign in at all before.

Best Answer

Answers

• Michael Jones
    Michael Jones Member, Windows Beta Beta
    When you say sign in do you mean into Quicken using your Quicken credentials to access your data?  Or do you mean sign in to download data?  Or do you mean sign in to upload data to the Cloud?

There are a lot of places to 'sign in', so want to make sure we understand which one you are referring to.  :)

• Patrick Pritts
    Patrick Pritts Member ✭✭
    Sign in to access my data.
  • Patrick Pritts
    Patrick Pritts Member ✭✭
    Did this. Upon the login the next day, same problem was back on all of my computers.
  • Michael Jones
    Michael Jones Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Sorry, I'm still not 100% sure what you are saying.  Call me dense.  :)

When you open Quicken from scratch you are being asked for your Quicken ID credentials before you can use the application?  Is that right?
  • Patrick Pritts
    Patrick Pritts Member ✭✭
    Yes, When I logon to Quicken to Printout or update my data files. I did not have to do this until the Update to rel 21.16. I have sent a request to Quicken for help with this item,, but have not got any so far.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Patrick Pritts

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

I took the liberty of reviewing the submitted "Report a Problem" log files and can see the multiple logins to the Quicken ID, but no data to determine the underlying cause of why the login prompt is returning, I apologize.

May I ask, do you use the Windows Defender or other antivirus/Firewall software?

If using Windows Defender and you haven't already, I would recommend checking that the Ransomware Controlled Folder access is turned off or that Quicken (and your data file) have been added as exceptions.  If you aren't sure how to  check for the Controlled Folder access please review the information and steps available here.

Where is Quicken installed on your computer, in the default C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken location?  Or a different location?

If installed in the default location, where is the Quicken data file being stored?  Under the default 
    C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\Quicken folder?  Or in a different location?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Patrick Pritts
    Patrick Pritts Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken fixed the problem with an Update R21.17 Thanks for you hlp.
This discussion has been closed.