How to remove bogus investment transaction?

Options
pwclarke
pwclarke Member
edited September 2019 in Investing (Windows)
I download my investment transactions from TD Ameritrade. Quicken software has created a "buy" transaction I did not initiate. How do I remove this transaction from Quicken investment ledger??

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To delete an investment transaction, open the register, select the transaction and Delete or Edit > Transaction > Delete or right-click on the transaction and select Delete
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's unlikely "Quicken" created a Buy action; I'd expect that TD Ameritrade sent that Buy action to you in the download.  You might want to check with them to see why they did that.
  • pwclarke
    Options
    Thank you Tom. I called TD. It appears the issue is with Quicken. When Quicken goes to TD for the download it looks at the "Family" name of the security--in my case "Wisdom Tree". It then looks for a security that is already in my investment Que--past or present- evidently alphabetically, and downloads that, regardless of the symbol. Thus it entered an incorrect Wisdom Tree ETF DTN rather than AGGY. I am able to delete the DTN transaction and will try manually entering the transaction correctly. Will let you know.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pwclarke said:
    Thank you Tom. I called TD. It appears the issue is with Quicken. When Quicken goes to TD for the download it looks at the "Family" name of the security--in my case "Wisdom Tree". It then looks for a security that is already in my investment Que--past or present- evidently alphabetically, and downloads that, regardless of the symbol. Thus it entered an incorrect Wisdom Tree ETF DTN rather than AGGY. I am able to delete the DTN transaction and will try manually entering the transaction correctly. Will let you know.
    Quicken does not use the name.  Quicken uses the CUSIP ID provided by the financial institution.  When Quicken receives a CUSIP ID that has not been matched to a security, we're prompted to provide the security.  I suggest you edit the DTN security and uncheck Matched with online security.  The next time Quicken receives the unmatched CUSIP ID, you'll be prompted to provide a security again. 
This discussion has been closed.