Including Savings Goals For Projected Balances?

Options
Is there a way to include savings goals estimated required monthly contributions in the projected balances in Quicken? I've setup a series of savings goals to cover things like annual expenses (save a bit each month for those expenses). I would like to include these as part of the Projected Balances.

Thanks

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your request is contradictory to how Savings Goals work.  The monies in a Savings Goal ONLY appear during a reconciliation.
    If they appeared in Projected Balances, there would be the temptation to spend them rather than keep this "hidden"

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• A1MB1G
    A1MB1G Member ✭✭
    Options
    @NotACPA Not sure I follow your logic. By showing my contributions in projected balances, it ensures that they are accounted for so that I’m actually not spending money I don’t have.

For example, if I have a savings goal of $4,000 per month to cover my semi annual tax instalments, I would want that monthly savings goal factored into my projected chequing account balances so that I don’t think I have more money than I do. I wouldn’t be including the savings goal accounts in my projected balances report.
This discussion has been closed.