Online Biller linked to reminder does not change the account balance

Still resetting after losing Billers with the recent server crash.

Most of my Online Billers Credit Card accounts linked to a Reminder work this way:

I select enter from Onine Billers when a new bill is found, Quicken schedules to send payment from my checking, clears the reminder as paid and enters the payment into the credit card account which is uncleared and awaits being cleared to match the transaction. Perfect.

But one account schedules the payment, clears the reminder but does NOT enter the transaction to the credit card account. I t leaves it as if no payment is scheduled and made rather than the balance after the payment clears.

I cannot figure out why this one account acts differently or how to change it. Everything seems set just like the accounts that work as expected.

Any insight?

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the problematic credit card payment bill reminder does not have its category set as a transfer to the credit card account.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. But none of them are transfers. They are payments from my checking account that actually send a check to the credit card co. Both those that work and those that do not. So methods are set as Send Online Payment in all.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bob said:
    Thanks. But none of them are transfers. They are payments from my checking account that actually send a check to the credit card co. Both those that work and those that do not. So methods are set as Send Online Payment in all.
    Then, none of the credit card payments entered in the checking register would appear in the credit card registers until you download the transactions.  Again, I suggest you review the category you have set for the reminder.  It should be set as a transfer to the credit card register.  The credit card register name should appear within square brackets: [credit card register name]
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Wish that were true, but does not appear to be.

So let me see if I understand what you are saying:

If I ENTER from Online Billers and choose Transfer rather that Send Online Payment, it will then update the credit card account AND send from the checking account as always?

And where are you saying the Credit Card name will be in square brackets? There are several places for square brackets including the account a payment was sent from, the category of a bill reminder,. I will not be able to check in Online Billers entering a payment until I have another come due.

Thanks.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    And I keep looking and I am sure that some at the very least work as desired using Send Online Payment. Just not all. I just found a second that fails to update the credit card acct when sending payment.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting. Thanks for clarifying.

So lets take one that is not working. There is NOTHING set for category. And if I try to set, not category for transferring that account.

So, call it CC1. What should the category be?

I understand now this will not change the online biller and how the bill is paid. But what category setting wil update the CC1 acct?

Thanks for hanging with me on this. I would not have looked there at all.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Got it. Compared to good ones and now I see. Will assume that will work in the future.

Would have never found that on my own. Thanks!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Bob said:
    Very interesting. Thanks for clarifying.

So lets take one that is not working. There is NOTHING set for category. And if I try to set, not category for transferring that account.

So, call it CC1. What should the category be?

I understand now this will not change the online biller and how the bill is paid. But what category setting wil update the CC1 acct?

Thanks for hanging with me on this. I would not have looked there at all.
    The category to pay CC1 would be [CC1].  

Note: You do not have to type it in yourself.  When you edit the Category field, there is a pulldown menu (just to the right of the text entry box) you may use to select Transfers and then the destination account name.
This discussion has been closed.