How can I setup and download from AXA & LPL (QMac)

Vikas Bhatnagar
Vikas Bhatnagar Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in Investing (Mac)
I read on some forums that AXA & LPL are available for download either as a file or direct connect but when I try add a new Investment account, they dont even come up as an option. What am I missing?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I only have the Windows file - but they are listed -
    Are you adding them as a "Brokerage" ?
    07327    07327    07327    AXA Advisors - LPL    http://www.AXAonline.com    (866) 487-7484    http://www.AXAonline.com    ACTIVE         INVESTMENT&WEB-CONNECT              NOT_QBP    NA

EDIT -- also updated topic title to better reflect the Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Yes I tried them under brokerage - searched for AXA and LPL and found nothing. :( Maybe not for quicken for Mac?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming that you are using a supported version of Quicken for Mac ... you didn't say ...
    Please try the following to update the list of available financial institutions in your Mac. As far as I can determine, AXA is a supported bank.
    Perform the Mac - specific procedure here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/what-do-if-my-bank-not-listed-quicken-or-if-my-bank-was-recently-added-quicken

• Hi, thanks for the update but it didnt work for me. :( Maybe I am doing something stupid somewhere. I clicked on Account --> New --> Investments --> Brokerage and when the list appeared I typed AXA as well as LPL and nothing relevant showed up. I wish I could show a screenshot ...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you perform the "Update List" steps I gave you in the link I provided earlier?
    If you did and that didn't work for some reason, and if you are on a supported version of Quicken Mac (you didn't say which version you are using) ...

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018/2019 Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • To start Chat, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @UKR I'd note that the liunk you provided, which leads to the Intuit OFX Connectivity list of supported financial institutions says 2018, and was last updated in March of this year, so it's at least 6 months behind the current day -- so I don't know how valid a reference source it is to rely on. But I can confirm what the original poster is saying: that neither AXA nor LPL seem to show up in a search of financial institutions in Quicken Mac currently.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Thank you!!!! .... for validating what I have been seeing .... I tried everything that was recommended and could not see AXA/LPL. Perhaps Quicken removed it in a later update?
  • Incidentally I am on this version - Version 5.12.4 (Build 512.29280.100)
    macOS 10.14.6

It's membership based.

Should I still call customer service? 650-250-1900
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Perhaps Quicken removed it in a later update? "
    Quicken doesn't remove legitimate financial institutions.  They remove themselves by revoking, or not renewing, their contract with Quicken/Intuit.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Thanks! Either way I cannot see those institutions :neutral:
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to make sure that blame for this was properly assigned ... with AXA/LPL and NOT with Quicken.

• Thanks :) Understood. It was not a blame, merely a statement, perhaps poorly worded.
  • jacobs
    You could still contact Customer Service to see if they have any information on those financial institutions. You could point them to the Intuit OFX list which shows they should be present, and ask why they aren't. I don't know if the Customer Service representatives have access to a list that has more up-to-date information about recently-dropped financial institutions.
  • jacobs
    There's plenty of history of differences in supported institutions between the Windows and Mac versions. But there might be some problem/error, so it might be worth talking to Customer Support.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    jacobs said:
    There's plenty of history of differences in supported institutions between the Windows and Mac versions.
    Weird - you would expect the download data file format and protocol to be exactly the same, since the FI doesn't know (or shouldn't care) what's at the receiving end.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    My guess is that historically Intuit offered FIs a choice of what they signed on to support, and some opted out of Mac not because the format was different but because the FI's support department would have to deal with customers with Macs who called with problems.
  • So I checked with customer service and this is what they said - Axa Advisors LPL only offers web connect service available in Windows, the server is not supported in Mac. The situation is this, you might find the area where you can download a QFX or OFX file under on the broker or provider web site, but this file can be read only in Windows. You may try to import the file in Mac, but I don't guarantee if this will work completely because it might not be compatible.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I checked with customer service and this is what they said - Axa Advisors LPL only offers web connect service available in Windows, the server is not supported in Mac. The situation is this, you might find the area where you can download a QFX or OFX file under on the broker or provider web site, but this file can be read only in Windows. You may try to import the file in Mac, but I don't guarantee if this will work completely because it might not be compatible.
    It's AXA/LPL, NOT QUICKEN, that makes the decision as to what Q product/platform to support. Complain to AXA/LPL.
    Neither Quicken, not this forum, can cause what you want to happen without AXA/LPL's agreement.

• I am NOT complaining! Just letting the others know that it's not available and there are differences in Windows and Mac Fin-institutions. Wonder why I get such defensive responses for no reason? Thanks for everyone's help who responded.
This discussion has been closed.