This budget report miscalculates

This report is miscalculating my Actual Earned $5.93 high. This error does not appear under the Planning tab.

Best Answer

Answers

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited September 2019
    Hi. 
    What version of Quicken Windows do you have installed?  Help>About Quicken
    There was an extensive thread in June and July about a similar issue that contained some workarounds resulting in an eventual Quicken fix contained in R20.15
    Update Quicken by going to" Help>Check for Updates

• iskoch01
    iskoch01 Member ✭✭
    Quicken 2019 R22.12 Build 27.1.22.12
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello iskoch01,

Thank you for including the version and build and a PDF of the report.

I would look and see if there are any transactions that are categorized as the parent category "Income" without a subcategory.

If that isn't the issue, I would see if there are any transactions that have an income subcategory that isn't included in the report and see if that's where the discrepancy is.

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • iskoch01
    iskoch01 Member ✭✭
    Here's the income part of the "Spending by..." Everything. You can see that the amount matches the budget amount.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Thank you for including the income report.

Have you received any type of refund for anything that you can think of? I didn't see a refund type category listed in the income report and this may not be a category that would be budgeted.

I would try looking searching the transactions in Quicken for either the amount that is the difference $5.93 and whatever category is used for a refund, if any, it may just have the same category as whatever the expense would have been.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • iskoch01
    iskoch01 Member ✭✭
    There is a $5.93 transfer from an account used for store credit vouchers.
  • iskoch01
    iskoch01 Member ✭✭
    I can't figure out why FROM Vouchers doesn't appear on any report
  • iskoch01
    iskoch01 Member ✭✭
    Sooooooo.... apparently, FROM transfers only shows up if the report organization style is "Category Group"
This discussion has been closed.