Is it possible to search all transactions including hidden accounts? (Q Mac)

Marys
Marys Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in Reports (Mac)
Is there anyway to do a SEARCH covering ALL my transactions including those in my hidden accounts. I'm am a long-time Quicken user since the late 1990s. My current version is Quicken Deluxe 2019 (Mac version). I have a lot of transactions and many closed and hidden accounts. I am familiar creating reports that include hidden accounts and filtering them by payees, categories, tags, or accounts but what I want to do is SEARCH the transactions for a certain word in the memo.

I can do this for accounts that are not hidden using the ALL TRANSACTIONS window, but this filters out hidden accounts. I can create a report of all my transactions including hidden accounts, but I can't find any way to search those transactions unless I export to Excel and then search.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

This question really should not be in the REPORTS category, but it didn't exactly fit in the other choices either.

Best Answer

Answers

• Marys
    Marys Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I am familiar with filtering reports by payees, categories, etc. and including hidden accounts in reports. It's searching the memo that I'm needing. Anyway I'm glad to here the development team is at least aware that there is a need even if it's not yet planned.

For me the least tedious is to create a report of ALL transactions and export to Excel and then search.

Thanks for your reply.
This discussion has been closed.