Does Quicken 2019 (Version 5.12.5) support the new Mac Catalina OS?

Mac OS Catalina (10.15) just came out today and I want to know if my Quicken 2019 for Mac (Version 5.12.5) will support it before I upgrade to the new OS.

Best Answer

• stewette
    stewette Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes everyone. I did install Catalina and Quicken 2019 for Mac is working.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There is rarely an official announcement affirming compatibility with a new macOS; it's assumed unless there an announcement to the contrary. I don't recall any reports of compatibility issues during the Catalina beta (or yet since release). 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • deathisgain
    deathisgain Member ✭✭
    Did you install it and did it work?? I too have same questions and not finding answers
  • deathisgain
    deathisgain Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    So I reached out to support via chat (not the most polite individual) and got an official answer that they support Catalina and also found something on forums about it being 64 bit and also where and how to tell what applications on your Mac are 64 bit or 32 bit and figured I would post that to help anyone else trying to figure out. - enjoy the great support conversation too!

[removed personal interaction details]

Well after all that I am told it works so I am about to hit continue but also confirmed that it is a 64 bit application via the below instructions: Enjoy! Hope I don't have to report back differently or engage Support after the upgrade completes!

For future reference, to determine if an application is 64 bit or not:
    Click the Apple menu > About This Mac
    Click the System Report button
    Click Applications in the sidebar
    wait for the page to load
    there will be a column "64-bit" with value yes or no.
    you can sort by that column to see a list of all your non-64-bit applications
  • GDM
    GDM Member ✭✭
    I am also preparing for upgrading to Catalina on my backup mac..before doing it on my main mac. If that is Quicken's rather vague response it is disappointing and I'll wait for a bit. I don't have any critical need to upgrade at this point. I've already been reviewing other critical app websites and most if not all either say it's been tested successfully against Catalina or will be shortly, so not sure why Quicken can't explicitly state that it is compatible. The beta of Catalina has been in the works for some time.
  • stewette
    stewette Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes everyone. I did install Catalina and Quicken 2019 for Mac is working.
  • GDM
    GDM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    After making sure I had a good backup I could restore from I upgraded to Catalina overnight, Quicken 2019 for mac working fine for me so far.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Can you print reports and checks from Quicken and/or print from other applications? See

• dbett
    dbett Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I upgraded to Catalina & Office and had trouble finding Quicken.....but I finally found it.
This discussion has been closed.