Price for Dow, Inc

Options
WSC
WSC Member ✭✭✭
When I download stock prices, I don’t get a current price for Dow that was spun-off from DWDP. I'm assuming that’s because Quicken is having trouble distinguishing it from the Dow Jones Industrials, which has the same abbreviation of DOW. How do I resolve this?

Thanks.

Best Answers

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Dow Jones Industrial market index should have the ticker DJI.

See this discussion for how-to information on that spinoff.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20020184

• WSC
    WSC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    No, I've check ValueLine. It's DOW.....
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Your stock has a symbol of DOW.
    The symbol for the Dow Jones Industrial Average is DJI.
    Your initial premise is faulty.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WSC said:
    No, I've check ValueLine. It's DOW.....
    From Yahoo Finance:

From my personal Quicken Security List

Quicken does not require the leading ^ on the DJI reference that Yahoo shows.  

I don't find Valueline referencing a ticker for the Dow Jones industrial average.

Previously I pointed you to the Corteva spinoff discussion.
    The Dow Spinoff discussion is here:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20019746  

• WSC
    WSC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I will check it later when I'm home, but I didn't assign any ticker symbol to the DJI. The Dow, Inc. spinoff symbol is DOW which, i'm guessing, is confusing Quicken. It's the only stock that doesn't download a share price. Has anyone else noticed this?
  • WSC
    WSC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It's also interesting, when I enter in Google Stock:AAPL, I get info on Apple. When I enter stock:DOW, I get the Dow Jones Industrial info even though that's not its symbol. I'll see what my Quicken stock looks like, but I suspect its the same as yours. Still, it doesn't pull in the DOW price.....
  • WSC
    WSC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    As q_lurker showed from his system, my stock list is the same as his and seems correct. Still, Quicken is not pulling in the current price for Dow, Inc. I'm inferring no one else is seeing this problem? I was assuming confusion with the Dow Jones Industrial because Google confuses them as I explained above.
  • WSC
    WSC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    q_lurker. You are right. I didn't check download quotes. I've never had to manually do that before. It was already checked. Nice catch. My dummy.....
This discussion has been closed.