In the income and expense by category reports I get expenses showing up in the income section

Options
The categories are set up as expenses but show as income

Best Answers

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please elaborate upon these transactions ... and what type of account they're showing  up in.
    ALSO, have you looked that the Category for those transactions and confirmed that they are Expense categories in your Category list?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Nancy Selllers
    Options
    Thank you. I will do a little research and get back to you.
  • Nancy Selllers
    Options
    All of the expense transactions are either Medical Insurance or Medical Expenses and they show up in the income section. They are definitely categorized as Expenses. They are auto pays, payments by check and by credit card.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, can you show us the individual TRANSACTIONS that make up the ~$5K of "Insurance - Medical".  Is that Premiums that you've paid, or reimbursements?
    Because Premiums are, indeed, Expenses ... but Reimbursements should be posted to what appears to be your "Medical" category ... thus reducing the amount paid there.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Nancy Selllers
    Options
    I am SOOOO grateful. The tax-line assignment was indeed the problem. I have put up with this forever. You have really made my day!!! Thank you so much!
This discussion has been closed.