When I open a savings account, I see no "new transactio[n]" line.

JCLaramie148
JCLaramie148 Member ✭✭
When I open a savings account, I see no "New Transaction: line. Therefore I am unable to enter a transaction, i.e. interest.

Best Answer

Answers

• JCLaramie148
    JCLaramie148 Member ✭✭
    When I open a savings account, I see no "New Transaction" line. Therefore, I am not able to make an entry, i.e. interest.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you post a screen shot of what you ARE seeing?  Because there should be a blank line in the account register ... immediately below the "Opening Balance" transaction.
    Use the Win Snipping tool, in your Win Accessories folder, to take the snapshot and then post it here using the "paper with a folded corner" icon above.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• JCLaramie148
    JCLaramie148 Member ✭✭
    The backdoor approach I have been using since upgrading to Quicken 2019 is to enter the transaction into my checking account and then moving it to the savings account.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try clicking the Date column heading to reverse the sort order.  The newest current date should be at the bottom not the top.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• JCLaramie148
    JCLaramie148 Member ✭✭
    Thanks volvogirl -
    Your suggestion to click on the arrow in the Date heading moved the most current entry to the bottom of the register, but there still was no blank entry transaction line, either on the top or the bottom of the register.
    All of my other accounts have the current date, and the blank entry transaction line, on the top - I set them up that way. That setup just doesn't work with the savings account, which is under the heading "Property & Debt". All of my other accounts (Cash, Checking, and Credit Cards) are under the "Banking" heading.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    volvogirl said:
    Try clicking the Date column heading to reverse the sort order.  The newest current date should be at the bottom not the top.
    But even then, there should be a blank transaction at the top of the account register.  SO, @JCLaramie148 are you sure that you've scrolled all the way to the top of the register?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple ideas.  Try clicking RESET on the Filters at the top.
    Can you do a Ctrl+N?
    Switch to a 2 line display?  Ctrl+2

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.